Chapter 15- This Means War

"I swear I am going to kill whoever has my jacket!" I mutter, continuing to complain. Once I get my hands on them...

"Hey Nicole" a familiar voice interrupts me, pushing my quest for vengeance of my jacket to the back of my mind. I turn around, the full moon casting enough light on the face of the one who spoke: Sawyer. I give a side smile, my voice too tired to talk. After the move to this temporary home, I decided to stay outside for a bit--well, it turned into half the night. Despite the goosebumps running down my body reminding me I'm freezing, I always enjoy the fresh air. "It's getting late; you should come inside" he says, his voice comforting and warm. He reminds me so much of Austin, they were like brothers.

"Alright" I sigh, standing up. The last thing Sawyer needed was for me to argue with him. I tell myself I'm not the only one missing Austin. Giving him another smile as I head towards the door, I place my hand on the handle, hesitating before opening the door. Something isn't right I tell myself, turning around. The awful stench of walkers fills my nostrils as the once brilliant human being now flesh-eating killer heads towards us in an awkward gait. Relieved as it's only one, Sawyer and I easily take it down, kicking it to the ground first before finishing it off with a powerful stomp to the head.

"Inside, now" Sawyer instructs, and I refuse to object. It's not safe outside at night. I keep my mouth shut as Sawyer grabs my arm, pushing me in front of him as he opens the door with his free hand. I watch him as he looks out at the neighborhood once last time before the warmth and safety of the house engulfs us. Relief floods my mind once we lock the door.

"That was a close-" I begin, only to be cut off by an annoyingly familiar voice.

"And just where do you two think you're going in the middle of the night, huh?" the annoying sound of Oliver's high pitched voice rings uncomfortably in my ears.

"Sawyer was just fetching me from the porch. Problem?" I spit in her face, my temper slowly rising as I bite my tongue to avoid a sarcastic response. As much as I want to smash her face in, I know that would only result in more unnecessary drama.

"No, but this isn't the time to go make out with your boyfriend under the stars, hun" she retorts, a mocking tone in her voice. That's it, I've had it! With an angry grunt, I leap for her, planning to knock her on the floor. But before I can satisfy my vengeance, a strong arm holds me back, and I look back to see Sawyer facing me with a lost, saddened look. I calm down instantly. Loosing Austin is already too much for Sawyer to take; he doesn't need to break up a fight between two people supposedly on the same side. Looking back at Oliver, I glare dangerously.

"We ain't no couple. And look who's talkin'! I see you all around that redneck" I grunt back, breaking free from Sawyer's grip and heading up the stairs where the rest of the group lie. I hear the muffled words from Sawyer and Oliver from down the stairs, but I am too exhausted to listen in. I head towards the loft area to the right from the top of the stairs, and jump on the couch, not caring to join the others in the rooms. I need peace and quiet. Alone. Just as I begin to close my eyes, a deep, and annoyingly familiar voice fills my head.

"Who ya callin' redneck, tough girl?" Daryl spat, walking up to the couch I lay in, folding his arms. His eyes seem to shoot me daggers, but I try not to let them affect me.

"No one..." I mutter softly, not in the mood to argue. Normally I'd be up in his face shooting lasers through my eyes, but that's kind of hard in the middle of the night. Too oblivious to hear the footsepts approach from up the stairs, I continue to listen to Daryl speak.

"Listen here missy, we've been over this. I ain't no re-"

"See!? I told you she's no good!" a high pitched squeak interrupts Daryl's lecture on how he isn't a redneck. I roll my eyes as Oliver finally stands at the top of the stairs, imitating Daryl's stance of folding arms.

"Who says I'm no good!?" I demand, sitting up and barely keeping my voice quiet enough not to wake anyone else in the house. I've just about had it with this girl, thinking she know's what's best in everything. Somebody oughta teach her a lesson or two!

"Grrr!" the screaming blonde yells, charging over to me, her eyes fuming with anger. I wasn't expecting her to leap, so when she does, I end up back on the couch under the grasp of Oliver.

"Get off me ya crazy brat!" I shriek, attempting to pull my hands away from Oliver's grasp. Once I get my hands loose, this chick will think twice before she can say 'walker.' Once I finally I get my hands free, I grab her shoulders, leaning towards the edge of the couch. I successfully push her to the ground, expect this time I'm on top.

"Arg!" she grunts as hits the floor, making a big thud. I use my left hands to hold both of her hands down, and ready my right to throw a punch. For a moment, I gaze to my right to see Daryl watching with amusement. Shaking my head, I return to the height of Oliver's and my battle.

"Take that you crazy-"

Just as I am about to land a perfectly calculated blow on the twit's nose, I feel a hand pull my arm back. Looking up, I see Rick pulling me off of Oliver.

"Just what do you two think you're doing!?" he spits, yanking me angrily to me feet before helping Oliver up. Her face is covered in fury, and I see my reflection of hate in her eyes too.

"She attacked me for no reason!" I declare, snapping my head to Oliver's direction as I speak to Rick in a forcefully softened tone. I then look back at him, and I then see him look at Oliver, asking with his eyes to hear what she has to say.

"The idiot deserved it!" is all she can say as she folds her arms. Seriously!? She's acting like a small child!

"This is no time to act like a five year old!" I blurt out, not watching my tone. I look around the room; Sawyer looks speechless, and once he catches Oliver's glance, I see him back away into a room. Good. He has to hate her now.

"Daryl, I want you to separate them. They obviously can't handle being in the same room. Decide which one wants to be with the rest of the girls, and which can go elsewhere" he instructs Daryl, talking as if we were both five-year-olds. Daryl nods then looks at the two of us, flicking his head to the side to tell us to follow. As I begin to head towards him, I see the disappointment in Rick's eyes as I walk by. I understand. Any louder and we would've attracted all the walkers in the city!

"I am not sleeping alone" Oliver demands, looking at me with an expectant look. I shrug, not really caring where I go at this point. I'd like to get at least a decent two hours of sleep.

"Fine, go with the others" I say, brushing her off. She flips her blonder hair as she makes a sharp turn, heading towards the room where all the girls in the group are resting. Unfortunately this house only has three usable rooms; the others are covered in blood, and because this was only a temporary house, no one bothered to clean it up.

"Aight then. You come with me" Daryl says, heading downstairs. I shrug my shoulders at the thought of being completely away from everyone for now. I need the space. "I'll be takin' watch outside. Go make yourself comfortable on a couch or somthin'" he says with a quiet tone. Usually I would've loved to argue to be outside, but right now a soft couch seemed like a wonderful idea to lay in. Without another word, I head towards the living room after giving Daryl a nod good-bye. I plop on the couch, and within a minute, I am fast asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes I know, I haven't uploaded for like ever.....but I am seriously running into writer's block ;-; Any ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks guys! Opinions? Comments? Suggestions? Dislikes? Vote/Comment!

-Bella