Chapter 9- Welcome, Welcome

"And why would we go with you.," Daryl spits, pulling me closer behind his back. He may be a jerk sometimes, but he's always protective over everyone.

"Well.," the Governor said, laughing at Daryl. "Because I'll kill you if you don't.," he finishes, his little laugh completely fading. He's sick in the head. The army he gathers seem to not mind his odd behavior. They must have nowhere else to go.

"Just take me. Let Nicole go. Besides, Merle's my brother. Want revenge? Take me.," Daryl says, looking at the Governor right in his eye.

"Now tell my why I'd let Nicole escape back to the prison and tell everyone about my friends over here.," the Governor says, walking slightly closer with his arms out, his hands miming each word he says. Daryl groans, standing his ground. The Governor walks up to us, his army aiming their guns, watching for any signs of escape. He goes behind Daryl and over to me. I watch in fear as he reaches his arm out to me. Daryl turns around, facing us as he pulls me closer to him.

"Now Nicole, come here.," the Governor says, his eye full of hostility. Daryl only brings me back more as I am at a loss for words. The Governor then steps up, grabbing me by my hair. I groan in pain as he pulls me to him. He is so dead. When we get the chance to kill him, I'll be the one to do it. It will be slow and painful.

"Let me go!," I say as I grab my hair, following him as he pulls me to his army. He ignores me, tossing me to a few of his guards. He remains unaware of the rest of the group we have in the store.

"Take her to the truck. Grab the trash too.," he says, walking away from me and into the bushes. I shriek as a bag is placed on my head while my hands are tied back. I listen as they toss me into some truck, starting up the engine.

We ride in silence. The bag on my head begins to irritate me neck, but there is nothing I can do about it. I try to get out of the ropes bounding my hands behind my back, but I only end up cutting my wrists. I let out a sigh, fear running through my veins. If I make it out of this alive, I'm going to rip the Governor's head off, along with all of his dumb followers. Who would follow him anyways? He brings nothing but trouble.

I hear the engine stop as doors open. I am pushed out of the car, a person holding onto the collar of my jacket. I feel like a trapped animal. Daryl and I need to get out of here. Speaking of Daryl, where is he? They must've put him in a different truck. I walk as one man guides me through a set of doors. What is this place?

"Stairs.," one person says to me, telling me to take a step. I roll my eyes inside of the bag as I walk up the stairs. He is still holding onto my jacket. He better not ruin it; it's my favorite jacket.

"Why do you even listen to this guy? He's a complete nutcase!," I whisper, hoping to knock some sense into the guy.

"Because I have no where else to go.," he says, his voice sounding young. He sounds like he could be younger than me, but he is pretty strong, so I need some weapon in order to take him down.

"What's he planning?," I ask, hoping I can feed in some answers from him.

"I can't say.," he says, trying to end the conversation. I sigh as I reach the top step. I almost trip as I realize there are no more steps. As I land harshly on my leg, I remember my wound. I still need to take the stitches out; my bandage is off.

"What's your name?," I question, my voice curious. I hear him sigh as we continue to walk. He doesn't answer me. He must have been told to keep his mouth shut. The fact that he answers me even a little bit means I can use him later. Younger boys are always easy to crack. I smirk at the thought. I may have a chance after all.

The boy takes the bag off of my head, throwing me into a poorly lit room. There's a twin size bed, pink walls, and princess stuff everywhere. We are in someone's house. I begin to explore the room, my hands still tied back. The walls are full of poorly colored pictures. I sigh as I think about the little girl who used to live here. This world is going mad.