Chapter 2

It wasn't long before Miss Smith entered the office. "Now Jake. I am aware of the situation you are in, as well as the school nurse and your form tutor. You will change in the disabled toilet for P.E as I am sure you are not comfortable with changing in the main boys changing rooms. Your P.E teacher doesn't know you are transgender but knows you are allowed to change in the disabled toilets for privacy reasons. You can use the male toilets, however if you are uncomfortable with using those you are entitled to use the disabled ones. If you ever do feel like you want to take that next step of changing in the main male rooms then let me know and I will organize that for you. And if anyone gives you grief for using the disabled toilets to change in, let me know and I will sort them out. You will be in the male P.E class not the female, although some P.E classes may be joined therefore may be mixed gender sometimes, depending on the amount of qualified P.E teachers we have that day. One last thing, if you do not want to take part in P.E because you are suffering from dysphoria that day, you can sit in the library or come here. Any questions?"

"No, not at the moment. Thank you."

"Okay, if you do ever have a question, you can ask me. I will most likely be in here and if you have any problems, at all, come and get me." She said before getting up. "Let's get you to form, the bell will go in five minutes, so everyone else will start walking to form then. We can avoid the hustle and bustle." I got up as well. "Here is your time table." She handed me a piece of paper. Maths, Science, Computing, English and then Maths again, today. My favourite lessons, thank goodness.

After a three minute walk I made it to my form room with Miss Smith. There was only one other student in there and a teacher. He walked over to me. "You must be Jake, I am Mr Burks. I will be your form tutor until you leave at the end of year 11, next year." He shook my hand.

Miss Smith said her goodbyes and left the room. "I will sit you next to Zoe over there." He said pointing at the only student in the room. I shuffled my way over to her and took a seat. The bell rang loudly through the corridors. People much taller than me began walking in and began to fill up the seats.

"Just to give you the heads up, most of the boys in this form are bastards, so just ignore them." Zoe said, turning to face me. "I'm Zoe."

"Jake." I replied. It felt good introducing myself by that name.

"Do you know where any of your classes are?" She asked. I shook my head. "Give me your timetable." She quickly looked over it. "Hey, we share all five classes today. I will take you to lessons don't worry. Tomorrow you will have to get someone else to help as I only have two with you tomorrow."

"Thanks, a lot. I really didn't fancy getting lost on my first day here."

"If you want in afternoon form, we could ask Sir, if I could give you a bit of a tour around the school." She said.

"You would do that for me?" I asked, surprised.

"Of course, you don't seem like a prick, like everyone else here." She said, laughing slightly.

Mr Burks voice bellowed around the room. "Quiet." The voices became slight whispers. "We have a new student here today, his name is Jake. I expect you to treat him well." He went back to his laptop and read out the registration list. Once that was over the voices rose again.

The bell rang. I grabbed my bag with shaking hands as Zoe began to walk me to class. At least I had made a friend who would take me to classes, I thought to myself.