Chapter 7

'Scar thinking/talking with fox'
'Fox talking'

The day started out like any normal day really. Just get up and use the bathroom and eat breakfast. There wasn't much change and maybe it was better that way. If anything were to change so quickly, he didn't know what he would do. Scar slowly walked around the house in the morning and groaned as he sat down on a chair. He was still bruised up pretty badly.

Zeroko was already awake and outside, throwing a ball in the air and catching it. Scar raised an eyebrow at the young girl and and walked outside after he put on his shoes. He walked downstairs and to where Zeroko was before lifting his arms up to his sides.

"We have a ball and you didn't tell me about it?" He walks over to her and she throws the ball and hits him in the face making him stumble back and fall before catching it.

Zeroko let out a giggle before walking over and picking it up. "Don't you know how to lighten up? I got us a ball and you ask me how I got it instead of just asking if you could play. Smooth kid."

She helps him up and he sighs and dusts himself off. "So we gotta turn in those application forms huh?" Scar said as he took the ball and bounced it between hands. She nodded and took the ball back.

"Before we do though, we are gonna have to train up first again. Sorry." She throws the ball back into the house and he sighs and nods. "Look, we work. It's how we know we can beat everyone one day. They all play. But you already knew that. That's why we are gonna change the world one day. Make people grow up to not be so spoiled."

"Is this what you stay awake at night and do? Scheme of all the things you can change? It's just a dream. We're kids." He sighs and she smiles at him.

"Don't ever count me out buddy. Come on." She starts to walk down the dirt path and he looks around before following her. His grey hood was rather light from the dirt but he didn't seem to even care. Guess that's how things worked for him. Just not a care in the world. After a bit of walking, they arrive at the park and he looks around.

It seemed to be alone except for one person. Naruto. He always seemed to be alone and that bothered him. Question is, why is he here during the academy hours? Did he always sneak out? Maybe someone was out looking for him. Zeroko slaps him gently to knock him back into the normal world and he blinks and looks at her.

"Stop worrying about the guy and come on!" She sighed and kept walking.

Scar frowned and nodded before walking with her. They both walked for a while until they reached the forest again. Scar seemed to be thinking so he wasn't exactly paying attention on how long it took for them to arrive to where they did. His surroundings were basically non existent as they walked and even she was blocked out of his mind for a while.

At least until he smacked his forehead on a branch and flopped backwards before falling on his bottom. "Oof!" He grunts and Zeroko turns around and looks at him before blinking and busting out laughing in which Scar just grumbles. "Ha ha. Very funny." He stands up and looks at down at himself before patting off the grass and dirt.

"It was pretty funny." She giggled and watched Scar roll his eyes as she starts to walk again. "Come on. It shouldn't be much farther now."

He nods and starts to follow her. "Mind if I ask exactly where it is we are going?" He looks at her confused as he walks next to her now.

"You'll see whenever we get there." He nods at her and continued to walk.

'Heh. Idiot. Maybe you should spend less time thinking and more time focusing on what's in front of you.' The fox smirked and received a roll of Scar's eyes.

'Shut up! I can tell where I'm walking so zip that nasty mouth of yours!'

'Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.' The fox smirked.

'I am gonna hurt you so badly!' Scar mumbled angrily as well without realizing it.

Zeroko heard him mumbling and turned to look at him. "What are you saying back there ugly!?"

Scar heard her and glared at her. "What!?" She giggled and stopped and walked towards him and roughly flicked his forehead which received an "ouch!" From Scar. "Don't worry. We're almost there." She smiled and started to walk again. This was starting to bother him. She wouldn't let him know where exactly they were going.

As they continued to walk, a kind of portal opened in front of Zeroko and Scar and a bunch of portals started to open around them as well as a a total of five ninja surrounded them wearing masks that Scar has never seen before and in front of them, a tall man wearing a mask as well appeared in front of them. They all wore anbu clothing but the masks weren't from the leaf's Anbu. In fact, they were skull masks of different color. The tall man however was wearing a black suit with black shoes. Not a ninja. Just maybe a messenger.

"Scar. Oh how we yearned to meet you." The tall man with the mask said as he fixed his red stripped tie. Scar glared at the man and Zeroko eyed the man suspiciously. "Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Kimoro." Scar eyed him and looked around.

"What is it you want?" Scar asked as he looked at Kimoro. He then looked at the men surrounding them and something immediately clicked in his head. "Wait! I recognize these people." Kimoro smirks and Zeroko looks at Scar confused.

"How do you know them, Scar?" She raised an eyebrow and looked at him. "They are the ones who killed them. They killed everyone I knew. My family... My foster family. I was alone for so long because of them."

"Oh but how rude of you! You haven't been alone. That terrible killing machine inside of you was with you every step of the way." Scar's eyes widened and he immediately grabbed Zeroko's arm and jumped from the men but they simply opened a portal in front of Scar and he went right inside.

'Caught by these losers. Scar you sure have a lot to learn.' Kerma huffed before closing his eyes.