Chapter 12

Nina's POV*

The past few weeks have been amazing, but that's the problem. When something is too good to be true it means something bad is going to happen. I mean with my track record it isn't hard to believe that what I am thinking might be true. So when I got this feeling I started to do as much good as I possibly good so nothing bad would happen to me. Though I think I should know by now that no matter what I do something is bound to happen. Like when I caught Fabian kissing Joy, but what made it worse was he thought it was me. I was just glad that nothing bad has happened yet. Everything was just fine, what I didn't know was that those few thoughts made today one of the worse days of my life.

*********

"Nina Martin get up!" someone exclaimed then they started jumping on my bed. I pulled my cover away from my face to see Amber above me.

"Amber what do you think you are doing?" I asked her. I think I surprised her because she screamed while she fell off of my bed. I sat up and laughed at her.

"Yeah go ahead and laugh at your friend's pain." Amber snapped. Once she said that I stopped laughing and got up out of my bed.

"I'm sorry Amber." I apologized as I helped her off the ground.

"It's okay." she replied.

"But maybe next time you should think twice about jumping on someone's bed." I told her walking over to me closet. Since today was Tuesday I had to wear my uniform so I just grabbed one of my uniform outfits that I put together a while ago. I went across the hall into the bathroom so I could change then I did my hair.

"Nina are you done in the bathroom?" Amber asked. I didn't answer her instead I walked out of the bathroom and back into our room. Then I grabbed my bag and turned to look at her, "Does that answer your question?"

"You could have just said 'yes'." Amber said. She grabbed her bag and we walked downstairs into the living room. Everyone was at the table except for Fabian which was a good thing. Ever since Eddie and I got closer after the songs I sung him, Fabian has been acting weirder. Usually I wouldn't care, but I think the fact that he keeps staring at me and Eddie then writing something in a notebook that he carries with him, it creeps me out. 

I went and sat in my spot, but not before giving Eddie a kiss. "So what was with the screaming this morning?" Alfie asked.

"That scream came from your lovely girlfriend." I told Alfie.

"Why were you screaming Amber?" Mara asked.

"Did you lose your hairbrush?" Patricia teased.

"Or a pair of your favorite shoes?" Jerome joked.

"No she screamed because while she was jumping on me and telling me to get up I scared her." I explained.

"Wait are you telling us that the Amber Millington was jumping on you?" Jerome asked. Amber and I nodded. "Man I wish I was there so I could have recorded it." This comment resulted in Jerome getting hit in the head by Alfie. I noticed that Amber was looking at him so I decided to play with that.

"Alfie, why did you hit Jerome?" I asked him. Alfie turned to look at me then he turned his head away so he wasn't looking me in the eyes.

"Because what Jerome said wasn't cool." Alfie answered quickly.

"Alfie why aren't you looking at me?" I asked.