Chapter 13

Previously 

"Okay, so today I decided we were going to start doing something fun." Our teacher told us. "We are going to do projects on books that have been adapted into movies. You will do this in pairs." Everyone got excited about this and we were already deciding who we wanted to be partners with. "Now before anything else I want to tell you that I am going to be picking your partners." We all groaned when she told us this. "What's so bad about me picking partners?"

"It's because some of us end up being with people we can't stand or know we can't work with." I explained to Ms. Andrews.

"Well, I'm sorry to hear that, but I think that if I chose your partners then this will work more efficiently." she told us. She then told us who we were going to work with I wasn't really paying attention until she said my name. "Nina Martin and Fabian Rutter."

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me." I muttered. I knew it, my bad feeling is never wrong and now I'm stuck with my ex-boyfriend, who isn't over me, for a project. This is just great.

Nina's POV*

"See I told you something bad was going to happen and all you said was, "As long as we're together nothing bad can happen". Look where that got us now." I told Eddie after we walked out of Ms. Andrews' class.

"Okay, you were right." he replied.

"I didn't want to be right." I whined. "I wanted you to be right, so I wouldn't have to worry about anything happening."

"Everything will be okay." Eddie told as he wrapped his arm around me and brought me closer to him.

"It better be." I pouted.

"Don't pout." he told me, giving me a kiss on the forehead. We walked into the lounge and I saw everyone there except for Fabian. 

"How are you, Nina?" Amber asked as Eddie and I sat down.

"I just want to crawl in a hole in die." I told her honestly. "The last thing I want to do is work on a project with my ex-boyfriend who does nothing but obsess over me even though he broke up with me."

"You know I never got that part." Alfie stated.

"What part?" Mara asked.

"Why Fabian kept pinning over Nina when he is the one that broke off the relationship. Shouldn't the one that was dumped be the one that obsesses over the other?" Alfie questioned.

"That's true." Joy agreed with him.

"Who would have thought something like that would come out of Alfie's mouth." Patricia joked.

"Yeah, he usually needs Jerome to help make a complete intelligent thought." Eddie added.

"Hey." Alfie pouted.

"You two need to stop being so mean to Alfie." I scolded Patricia and Eddie. "Alfie is smart he just has that whole approach that if he doesn't do a lot then the teachers won't expect a lot from him."

"See, Nina gets me." Alfie said.

"So what are you going to do about the whole Fabian problem?" Mara asked, turning all attention back on the fact that I have to do a project with Fabian.

"I don't know. I'm just going to try to get this project done as soon as possible so that I don't have to spend so much time with him." I told them.

"I remember a time when you didn't mind being around Fabian and how you two would try to spend as much time as possible with each other." Amber said.