Chapter 6: He's Here

Nina's POV*

When we got to the house and walked in we heard laughing coming from the living room. We walked into the living room and I stopped.

"Oh my gosh" I said.

"Well are you just going to stand there or are you going to give me a hug" Cole said.

"Cole" I screamed.

I dropped my bag and ran to Cole. I jumped on him and hugged him tight not wanting to let go. I am so happy to see him; me and Cole had the best of times when I was little and last summer when I came to visit him and the boys. The reason Cole changed me was because I didn't want my old self to show. Now I guess you are wondering what I am talking about. Well before I came to here for school, I was a tomboy. I hated dresses and skirts also high heels; I loved skateboarding, karate, I played electric guitar and rock music was my inspiration. When I got the scholarship I decided that I wanted to change, but the way I changed wasn't good enough and it started to show. So I told Cole and he told me to come over for the summer so he could help me so my friends wouldn't find out. Another thing was my best friend who I did everything with and of course he was a guy because I couldn't stand girls and that was until I met Amber and Patricia.

"Wow it is nice to see you too" he said.

"I thought you were coming tomorrow" I said.

"Yeah I was but I wanted to surprise you" he said.

"I have a question" Amber said.

"Yes Amber" I said.

"Why is Cole Pendery here in the first place? And why are you hugging him?" she asked.

"He is here to see me" I said.

"So he is your boyfriend?" Alfie asked. He got hit on the head by Amber.

"No he is my cousin" I said.

"No way" everyone except Eddie said. Everyone turned to look at Eddie.

"Why don't you seem surprised?" Joy asked.

"Because before we got here she told me" Eddie said.

"Actually he put two and two together when we saw Cole's dad and I called him uncle" I said. "Also you all should know too since I already told you."

"Wait you saw my dad" Cole said.

"Yep he is working here. I think that he is going to be the caregiver for some house" I said.

"Hey guys is it just me or is it really quiet" Alfie said.

"Yeah where is Victor?" Jerome asked.

"He left" I said.

"What do you mean 'he left'?" Jerome asked.

"I mean he just left in the middle of the night" I said.

"OK" all the boys said.

"So Nina did you tell them about you know what?" Cole asked.

"No I did not tell them about you know what" I said.

"As much as I like secrets what are you guys talking about?" Amber asked.

"Oh nothing" I lied.

"You're lying" Amber said.

"So what it is not that big of a deal. I mean I've lied before. Remember that pendent you gave me and I said it was beautiful, I lied" I said.

"OK Nina I think you have had enough for today. Eddie could you help me take Nina to her room" Cole asked.