Chapter 126

Chapter 126

"You'll... Help me?"

Loki was puzzled after hearing Sif's statement. Napapaisip nga siya kung ayos lang ba ang pandinig niya dahil baka nagkamali siya ng rinig.

Sif...? Helping an impostor? Is she serious right now?

"Yes." She answered, lips twitching in annoyance as if she can read what's in his mind. "I don't like it when you doubt me. Stop it."

He blinked innocently. "I hate your intelligent mind sometimes." He huffed. "But, my lady... Why are you going to help me? I'm not the real one..." His voice slowly decreased in volume.

Sif sighed. "You know... I am your only friend." She's pertaining to the real Lokesio. "I am the only one you called friend since the very beginning. And you are mine as well."

So the real Lokesio and Sif are actually friends.

"He's... Friendless?" Medyo nagulat si Loki sa nalaman.

"Yes. And so am I." Mas nagulat siya sa naging sagot ni Sif sa kaniya. "In that life, I am not friendly like Dad. I have a straightforward attitude who immediately points out faults and such. Reckless and blunt like Mom. This kind of attitude doesn't go with the acceptable behaviors in society, especially the social gatherings."

To think that the Sif in the first life is actually a lot different than now. Ayaw niya tuloy maniwala sa pinagsasabi nito ngayon because he can't imagine Sif as someone like that.

"Besides that... My intelligence made me much more scorned in society. Men who can't accept the fact that there's someone better than them. It's the world of men we're all living in, a woman like me who breaks the norms is to be silenced at all cost."

"And women who doesn't act like them is to be avoided at all cost..." Loki mumbled, being reminded of history.

Slightly nodding her head, she agreed before continuing. "My Lokesio was the one who accepted me." Her gaze softened, lips stretching upwards into a small smile. "When society turned its back on me, he accepted me wholeheartedly. He loved my wisdom. My intelligence. My company. He's the only one I can call as my friend. And the same goes for him."

Now he understands why Sif was outraged when she noticed that it's not the real Lokesio in this body of his.

Lokesio is her everything. The very reason of her found existence.

"I'm not as close with my family, and so is he. Maybe that's why we became friends. Why we relied so much on each other." She added.

"What was he like?" He can't helped but be curious.

Sif looked up, recalling her memories with her only friend. "He's pretty timid with everyone. Shy, innocent, and quiet. But when he's with me, he's pretty upbeat and sweet."