The Red Door

Isabelle's point of view

While everyone at the pack was busy having fun at the bonfire, I was lying in my bed feeling restless.

Today didn't go as I planned. I still haven't figured out who the red circle's assassin was and my prime suspect, Yennefer, has been proven innocent by the spell I performed with the help of Dixie. To make today even worse, now Gabe hates me completely. Goddess I just wanted to vanish into thin hair.

'Don't be too hard on yourself. You did the right thing and soon enough Gabe will understand why you did what you did.' Brie said. Yeah, I named the voice in my head, you can call me crazy but I had to at least give the little voice in my head a name. Afterall she was the only one that I could talk to now.

I heard a knock on my door.

"Ugh, come in." I groan, too tired to get up and see who it was.

The door opened and it was Dimitri. His tall masculine figure entered my room, leaning against the wall behind him, staring at me with creased eyebrows. My entire body was melting in his gaze. He looked so hot.

"What?" I asked, swallowing hard. I was putting on a buttoned t-shirt and jeans, the clothes that I have been in all day.

"Nothing, just wondering what good deed I must have done to deserve this super sexy mate in front of me." He flattered with a smirk.

"Nothing that good, that's for sure." I joked with a smile.

"Even Da Vinci couldn't have sketched a more perfect woman. You look divine." He continued showering me with compliments. I could literally feel my face go completely red. God, I swear he is going to be the death of me.

"Oh stop it!" I said, blushing hard. He leaned in and captured my lips in his. A mild moan escapes from me, I have missed his kisses. He pulled away, sitting beside me with his arms around me. This just felt right.

"Why aren't you out there having fun with the rest of the pack?" I asked, getting comfortable in his embrace.

"I was, but it wasn't fun because I couldn't find you." He answers, making my heart melt on the inside. "Why did you choose to remain in your room instead of joining the bonfire?"

"Nothing…" I quickly say, "Just tired and all. Today has been a mess." I let out a sigh.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" He asks, I could tell he was genuinely concerned about me.

"You're doing enough being here." I told him. He let out a sigh and I could tell that something was bothering him.

"What's wrong?"

"I want to show you something. Close your eyes." I did as he said.

"You can open them now." He said. I opened my eyes and I saw that we were no longer in my room anymore. We were in a big open land with the feeling of grass beneath my feet.

It was springtime and birds were in the air, chirping. With butterflies fluttering everywhere, a little boy that I couldn't deny looked very much like Dimitri ran past us ignoring our presence, smiling as he chased a butterfly. He was cute, he shared many resemblances with Dimitri, his impeccable bright brown eyes and his pitch black hair. It was like a mini Dimitri.

In view was a beautiful cottage with a red door with giant green vines, sprawling over it.

"How did you-- Where are we?" I asked, still taking in the view before me.