The invasion

Isabella's Point Of View

Loud shrieking could be heard from a distance, as dark clouds covered the mountain. Something was wrong, I could feel an overwhelming wave of darkness envelope the pack.

Something really dark was present in the pack.

The pack's warning bell rang. I have never witnessed it being used before but Gemini had warned me that it was used only in the gravest of emergencies. Mostly when there was an attack or infiltration within the pack. The incessant chiming only spelt danger.

I could hear Dimitri growl beside me.

"Intruders!!!" He roared. We could see hundreds of witches in red cloaks running from the mountains towards us.

The red circle. But how did they manage to get into the pack?

I looked around searching for the only person I knew could be responsible for this. The person I had my suspicion on for a long time.

Yennefer!

But she was out of sight, there wasn't a single trace of her. The entire pack was scattered in panic. Alaric and some of the pack warriors gathered, looking ready to go to war.

"EVERYONE KILL ALL INTRUDERS!!!" Dimitri growled, ordering the warriors. His suit already ripped to shreds as he started to shift into his lycan form.

"Dimitri --" I utter his name, holding onto his arm. Dimitri looked at me, his eyes burning bright red but filled with so much concern.

"Isabelle stay in the pack house, you'll be safer there." He says to me before running into the waging battle. I pay no mind to what he told me, how could I stay behind in the pack house when my pack is under attack? I had to fix all this mess.

I run, following behind him. A red circle assassin threw her pointy sharkram (a type of three edge weapon) at me as I quickly stepped out of harm's way. I ran towards the witch driving my dagger into her throat. I saw another one running towards me and I threw my dagger at her, striking her directly in the heart, whispering a little spell, my dagger vanished and appeared back in my hand.

I could see Celeste, she and the witches were busy fighting off the red circle's witches with spells, Lance, Gabe, Stefanie and Kael were also with them fighting in their wolf forms.

Soon I was surrounded by five red circle witches, they were all chanting a spell that caused my head to hurt as fuck.

I fell on my knees as they slowly approached me still chanting, their chants growing louder. My head felt as if it was going to explode, I could feel something within me beg to be set free. It was an energy, a powerful force that felt like a freaking time bomb, one which I didn't have any control of.

"El kar bi na onculos." I screamed those foreign words and instantly made all five of them start bleeding from their eyes and ears as they screamed out in pain. Soon all their heads exploded leaving behind a bloody mess. I stare at what remained of the assassins in awe of what I had done. The spell I just said was in a foreign tongue, one I have never come across. I didn't even know what it meant, but how did I just use it?

I was given no much time to think about what I just did, we were still at war and it just got a lot worse. The red circle witches summoned up a darkness within the pack.

They used dark necromancy magic to summon revenants. Revenants were dark ghostlike creatures, they were what remains of the souls of the dead but were tainted and possessed by dark energies. Their touch was so cold it could freeze up someone's beating heart.

I watched as the revenants attacked and killed the pack warriors, every attack thrown by the pack against them was futile. They were impervious to harm. The only thing I could do was destroy the source that brought this darkness. The darkness was coming from the mountains, something was generating the darkness from there and I had a good idea on who was behind all these, Yennefer. It has always been her, she was the enemy within, hell she went missing from the ceremony. It was all connected now.