The invisible things

Isabelle's Point Of View

The heated rays of the morning sun tickle my eyes to life. I woke up with a disturbing feeling, my entire body felt as though I just got run over by a bloody rhino. Oh God it hurts.

A strained moan escaped from my lips as I tried to sit up, I could feel my throat sore, it felt as though I had swallowed a burning lava. And right there at the lower most delicate part of my neck, I could feel a stinging pain. I quickly placed my fingers around the wound and it felt more like a bite, I couldn't remember how I got it.

"Thank the heavens. You're finally awake," Iris rushed into me, closing me in a tight hug. My body felt pain but her warmth made the pain go away.

"Fuck Isa." Iris screamed, smacking me on the arm.

"Ouch, what the actual fuck?" I cried, touching my arm where my crazy best friend just hit me.

"Don't you ever scare me like that again. Ever, I thought you were gone, for real this time." She said, her voice starting to break.

"Why? What happened to me? How long was I out?" I fired questions at Iris non-stop. I needed to know what happened when I was gone. The last thing I remember was the moon's eclipse and Dimitri trying to kill me, well Cessair in possession of Dimitri. And he almost did kill me and the rest that happened is still messed up in my head.

"You died Isabelle!" Iris said, making my heart stop. What does she mean I died?

"You weren't breathing. There was nothing even Celeste could do, she tried to wake you up with dozens of spells but it didn't work. It was like you expelled every single energy you had in you when you screamed." She sighed. Yes I remember that now. I let out a painful scream when Cessair was trying to choke me to death.

"Well that was until Alpha Dimitri saved you. He couldn't just let you go. He marked you and thankfully it worked.

You had direct access to his incredible energy so your heart started beating again and you started healing. Isabelle, you've been out for three days." Iris explained. So I died and Dimitri marking me was what brought me back to life. I placed my fingers on the side of my neck, tracing the bite mark. It still stung but only a little.

"What about Dimitri?" I asked.

"He was worried crazy about you, he wouldn't even leave your side for a minute. I think he felt super guilty for what happened and what he did. He really couldn't stand seeing you lay there unconscious. If something really happened to you I don't know what he would have done." Iris stated. I wouldn't be able to take seeing him like that either, it must have been more hurtful for him to think he was the one who harmed me. He was blaming himself.

"Where is everyone?"

"Godzilla made sure everyone resumed training today, so everyone is busy training." Iris answered. "But we got a free pass from Alpha to watch over you." Iris smirked in delight, she really hated training. But wait, she just said 'we'.

I could smell the delightful scent of chicken curry soup making its way to my room. It smelt so good, it kinda reminded me of home. My mind was taken back to the dining table when I was little. I could remember Dad, mom and aunt Maggie seated around the table. And me and my cousin Diego running around laughing.

"I came as soon as I heard you were finally awake. You made me worried to death." Gemini said, rushing into my arms. A quick smile found my lips.

"Oh Gem, it would take a lot more than that to kill me." I joked. Following next through the door was Andres. He held a tray with a bowl of chicken soup in his hands.