Chapter 1

Louis nervous, no, petrified, to start school today. This is the 3rd new school he has started this year and every single time, things always turn to shit for him. He doesn’t tell his mum, of course he doesn’t, it would only make her worry more and try to get him into some kind of private special school and he doesn’t want that, he wants to face his fears, doesn’t want to be a big wimp. Luckily his mums job usually has them moving a lot. Sometimes they stay in an area for a year, sometimes longer, and sometimes it might only be a few months. This time though it seems pretty permanent which Louis feels bittersweet about. He’s happy because he doesn’t like always moving because he doesn’t like having to deal with new people all the time, but unhappy because his life will be hell for longer. 

Louis climbed out of bed slowly after his alarm went off for the 2nd time. He took a long hot shower and spent ten minutes in front of his closet deciding what to wear. He didn’t want to stand out so his ignored his favorite red pants and striped shirt. He instead just pulled out his grey toms, fitted jeans, red t-shirt and grey hoodie. He pulled his clothes out and fixed his fringe so it was the messy, but in a perfect way, don’t judge. He went downstairs to make his breakfast and saw his mom sitting at the table with a cup of tea in her hands. “Morning BooBear.”

Louis smiled at her and made some toast with peanut butter. Once he finished he made sure his bag was together and took a deep breath before going back to the kitchen to say goodbye to his mum. “You’ll be fine sweetheart. You have done this plenty of times.”

Louis nodded and slung his bag over his shoulder and opened the front door, “B-b-bye m-mum.” That right there is why Louis is teased, he has a stutter. Louis got into his car and drove to school growing more and more scared by the second. Once he arrived he was in a full panic. He got out to car and quickly and quietly made his way into the school to the guidance office to get his schedule. He tapped on the door and the lady whom he met about a week ago looked up. “H-hi,” He said.

“Louis! So glad to see you. Oh you look so nervous, come here.” It was no lie that Ms.Sinclair was a very sweet woman. Louis tentatively walked over and she gave him a big huge. “It’s going to be fine Louis I promise. I have talked to all your teachers and explained your situation so they are going to help things go easy for you. You are in small classes and everything. I am going to try and meet with you once a week so we can check in and if anything is bothering you we can try and work something out together okay?”

“Y-y-yeah.” Louis smiled at her thankful. She seems to be the first person to understand him right from the get go and help him. She’s what makes this situation more sweet than bitter.

“Now I asked one of my favorite students to help show you around school and just someone for you to befriend in. It’s always nice starting a new school with someone. Liam?”

Louis turned as a tall doe eyed boy with short brown hair entered the room. “Hey, I’m Liam.” He stuck his hand out towards Louis.

Louis stared at him for a moment having an internal battle with himself about this boy. He seemed nice. Louis didn’t get the feeling he would hurt him so he shook his hand. “I’m L-louis.”

“It’s nice to meet you. Ms.Sinclair showed me your schedule and we have almost all our classes together except for math and computer science. We have the same lunch too.”

Louis turned towards Ms.Sinclair unsure of what to really do. “Louis it’s okay. Liam is a very sweet boy. He’s top in his class and actually volunteered to help show you around.”

Louis looked back at Liam who smiled and nodded. “O-k-kay.”

Ms.Sinclair handed Louis his schedule and Liam led him out of the office to show him to his locker. “So Louis, is it just you in your family or do you have any siblings?”