Three's A Crowd | Not Soon Enough

[Sonja's P.O.V.]
The time has come. It's finally the day that I get to fly out to L.A. to see Tucker. It has been almost 3 months since I last saw my boyfriend in person. He came up to Canada for a week and it's finally time for me to re-pay the favor. I remember going to Tim Hortons and eating Ketchup flavored chips with him. I grab my car keys and bags with a smile on my face from the memory. I say goodbye to Gonzo and lock the doors. I hop in my car and text Tucker.

S- On my way to the airport <3 Can't wait to see you!
T- I can barely wait! Love you bb!

After about a 45 minute drive, I arrive at the airport. I get through security and baggage right in the nick of time. My plane is just boarding when I walk up.

| | TIME-LAPSE: to when Sonja gets off the plane | |

I get my bags off of the conveyor belt and walk outside the front doors. I'm almost immediately greeted with a big hug from Tucker and little smaller but still as excited hug from Tom.
"It's soo good to see you!" Tucker says while grabbing my bag to put in his car.
"I've missed you way to much over the past three months Mr. Tucker Boner." I say slowly as I walk over to him, swaying my hips subtly.

He puts the bags in the trunk and turns to me. "Well Ms. Sonja Reid were gonna have to make up for that now aren't we?" He replies with a quiet, deep, sexy voice. He leans down and kisses me on the lips softly and I return.
"Ugh. Get a room." Tom says sarcastically and almost a little sad.
I stop kissing Tucker and turn to Tom, most likely with a red face. I notice how the sunlight makes his eyes sparkle which actually kind of makes him look cute.

Wait. What?

No Sonja you can't think like that. Your in a perfect relationship with Tucker and even if you were to break up with him ( which you could never do because you don't want to hurt him and you love him ) it would just be horrible to even think about dating his best friend. But your thinking about it now....

Stop.

"We should probably get going. People are gonna start yelling at us for taking their parking spot." I say with a little laugh at the end.
"Alrighty. My lady." Tucker runs over to the passenger's side of the car and opens the front car door for me and Tom hops in the back middle seat. I walk over to Tucker and kiss him on the nose as I get in. He walks over to the other side and gets in the drivers seat. He turns the car on and puts it in drive and pretty quickly gets us away from the busy L.A. airport.... right into the busy L.A. traffic. Since it will obviously take quite a long time to get to the Tucker/Tom residence and it would be awkward if only Tucker and I talked. I decided to strike up a conversation with Tom.

"So Tom.. how's it going with you and Kate?" I ask him innocently enough.
"Actually, we, uh, broke up about a month ago." He says while looking at his phone. Twitter most likely. "Or more, she broke up with me."
"Oh. I'm sorry to hear that. Are you okay?" I say looking through the mirror in the front to the back. At my question he shuts off his phone and looks back up at me. His eyes filled with confusion, pain, happiness, and hope all at once. In fact, his eyes almost.... sparkle.

No.

"Yeah. I'm over it now anyways. I loved her but she didn't love me. You can't have a one way relationship." He says with an added little laugh at the end.

"Well, if you need anyone to talk to, let me know." I notice after I said it that my voice is full of concern. And not just the 'my best friend just got their feelings hurt' concern. Maybe something more. I look back at him. His eyes glitter in the sun, still filled with confusion, sadness, hope, and happiness.

Stop it. Now.

"Thanks, but really. I'm fine." Tom says with a fake smile. He turns towards the window and leans over to look out of it.

The rest of the ride was quiet and calm, with a joke or story of something I missed from Tucker every so often. The quiet gives me time to think, and I can't help but think, that maybe, just maybe, I have some sort of feeling for Tom.
-•-
A/N- This is the first part of hopefully a long colab with shahorsig . You should go check her page out. She's pretty cool. With this story, there might either be updates everyday or every other day. Hopefully you guys enjoy! \(^•^)/
-C (a.k.a. pudgeishappy)