Chapter 1

It was an ordinary day at the Survey Corps headquarters. To be precise, we came back from an important mission on that day. I, Erwin Smith, the commander of the Survey Corps always had lots to do right after a mission. So no time to rest. I had to write to all the families who lost someone durring the expedition and it was no fun work for sure...

We managed to capture two titans. After the cadets got some rest, they started doing experiments on them so after I finished all the letters I was fine off. I leaned back in my chair when someone knocked at my office's door. 

"Come in." I said as a very young and new cadet got in with a letter.

"I-I got a letter for you, sir.", the girl said as she handed the letter over to me.

"Thank you. You did great at the expedition by the way. Get some more rest, okay?"

"Okay! Thank you, sir", the cadet left after saluting me.

I closed the door and sat back on my chair, not knowing what was in that letter. To be honest, I was just hoping it wasn't some more work for me... I was really tired. I opened the letter and began to read.

"Dear Commander Erwin Smith,

The King would like to see you in his office at the castle to discuss about the situation outside the walls. Come on Friday at 7p.m. Don't be late and put on an elegant suit."

There I stopped. Seriously? Well the only bad thing was that I haven't been to a meeting outside of the Survey Corps in like 6 years and my suit wouldn't fit me anymore because I had more muscles then. Friday huh? 4 days away from that day. I had to find a tailor who would do me the favour but that would be most certainly impossible...  I stood up and went knocking at Mike's room. He opened the room and saltued as soon as he saw me standing in front of him.

"Good evening, Commander. How can I help you?"

"You go on meetings frequently, right?"

"Yes, why are you asking?"

"I have a meeting with the king on friday and I need a new suit. So... do you know any tailor in town who works fastly?"

"Well, only 4 days is a very short time... But I may know someone, not in town sadly."

"Nevermind, could you give me the adress?"

Mike did so. He took a piece of paper and wrote down the adress for me.

"It's not an official tailor but I had my suit repaired by him. His name is Levi Ackerman"

"Wow Mike, but this adress is in the underground..."

"Yep I know, good luck!" and Mike shut the door right in front of me.

Geez, now I had to go to that dangerous place ALONE just to get a suit done. Anyways, I didn't have much of a choice... I tought that it wouldn't be worse than outside the walls. I sighed and went back to my office to pack some stuff. Later that evening I left to go to the underground. The entrance to the underground wasn't far away from the HQ and I had the right to pass without any special papers because I'm a soldier. 
When I got there I was shocked to be honest.. I never was in the underground and what I saw was enough to make me understand that the people who lived there were in a very bad situation. They all glared at me as if they hated me. No wonder tough... I just kept walking, looking for the adress, trying to act like I didn't care, when I actually did deep in my heart. Gladly no one attacked me. Before I knew, I stood in front of Levi Ackerman's door. I knocked three times and waited. No one seemed to be home. I knocked two more times to make sure and while a waited I made sure that I was at the right place. 
Suddenly the door opened and a very short, thin, black haired man stood in front of me, glaring up to me. 

"What could a soldier want from me, if I may ask?"

"You must be Levi Ackerman, right?" I looked down at him. He seemed to have no joy in life. But he was really handsome...

"That's me."

"I need your help . Another cadet sent me to this adress because he heard you are a good tailor and you work fastly"

For a moment Levi was silent. Then he checked to the left and to the right that no one was spying us. He glared back at me for a moment and then stood aside. "Come in.", he said. I did so. I was standing in a really small apartment that was surprisingly clean for the underground. But also that Ackerman guy seemed really clean. The only thing was, that he was very pale. 

"First of all, what's your name?", he asked.

"I'm commander Erwin Smith, nice to meet you", I said reaching my hand to him to shake his. He stared at my hand and then hesitately shook my hand "Hm, nice to meet you Smith. So what exactly do you need?"

"I need a full suit for friday. I have a meeting. Is that possible?"

"Friday huh.. Yes it is possible, I have to hurry tough. Please take your jacket and shoes off, I have to take measurements."

"Thank you mr. Ackerman, really", I said while doing as he said.

"Just call me Levi.", he went to take his measuring-band. After that, he measured everything he needed to measure. I just watched him do so. He had really delicated hands but I tought he would collapse at any moment... He just didn't look healthy.