Chapter 3

Later that evening, Levi got into the shower. I was sitting at the table reading a book. When he came out, he dressed himself with new clothing and sat down next to me. "Won't your cadets worry about you?", he asked.

"Well they sure will. But the one who sent me here knows that I'm probably at your place. I'm not one who would get killed so easily you know?"

"I see... So... You also go outside the walls, right?"

I closed my book "Yes I do." I looked at him and noticed that he was starring at me with eyes full of interesst.

"Tell me, how is it out there?"

"Levi, did you never see the surface?"

Levi just shaked his head...

"Well, let's see... hmmm...", I put on "It is beautiful, depending on the weather. There's a lot of green, water, trees, mountains etc... I really like it up there. Hey, I'm sure you'll get to see it too one day"

"I don't think so...", Levi's voice got really sad.

"Why not?"

"Because I will never have enough money to pay the entrance to the surface... I don't even have enough money for myself..."

"Why are you here, Levi?"

"Why, are you asking? I don't know.. I was born here"

"Then where are your parents?"

"My mother died when I was little and my dad... well, don't know who the fuck he is."

"I see.. I'm sorry..."

"It's okay. I've faced death many times. I bet you did too. I think that our lifes ain't that different after all... You aren't 100% free either. But at least you are fighting for your freedom..."

"Why don't you fight too, Levi?"

This question took Levi some time to answer... "Well, I guess I have to be strong first." He stood up. "I'll show you where you can sleep. Follow me."

I stood up and followed Levi into the bedroom. There was only one single bed. "You can sleep on my bed. I will work on your suit anyways"

"What? No no, don't overwork because of me..."

"It's okay mr. Smith. I want to get the job done as best as I can." Then he left and got to his working table. I had no choice. But I didn't mean to bother...
In the night, while I was trying to sleep, I heard Levi work hard on my suit. I felt guilty somehow. I left the door open a bit so I could spy him, to see if he was doing good. He worked and worked, never took a break. At one point I fell asleep, and when I woke up and went checking for Levi, he was sleeping on his sewing machine. He was really cute. I took a look at the job he had done. I worked hard and did a lot. But still he had a lot of work ahead of him. The sewing is perfect, no mistake there. I saw a big piece of fabric with marked spots. Probably parts he would have cut out. I took the scissors and started to cut them out for him, so he had a bit more time for resting. 

Levi's POV

I realized that I fell asleep, shit. I suddenly woke up and mr. Smith was nowhere to see. Did he left? I noticed the cut out pieces on the table. I didn't remember to had them cut out already. Did mr. Smith cut it out for me? "Maybe he got back home.. oh well", I whispered to myself, as I continued the suit for mr. Smith. I wasn't feeling well. I hadn't eaten in DAYS... I was really starving and had no power. I got up, to look after erwin anyways. I went into the kitchen and there he was. He had some fruits and was peeling and cutting them. 

"I tought you left, mr. Smith..."

"I got you some fruits to eat first. You are too thin. I'm worried about your health."

"You didn't have to get me anything... I don't want to bother you!", I was feeling guilty for some reason...

"I got you to eat because I wanted to. I'll come back later. Here, eat and rest if you're in need. I need to check stuff at the HQ"

"Alright, thanks for everything... But you don't have to come all the way back for me."

"I want to, because I want to get to know you better, Levi. By the way, call me Erwin."

Hearing that made me happy. I smiled a bit but then quickly hid it. When he left I ate the stuff he got for me. That pleased my tummy, and I was able to get to work again. I was looking forward to see Erwin again. But why was he so interested in me? Compared to him I'm a nobody...