Chapter 7

Right after school Alex drove me home. When we first got into the car, it was completely silent. You could hear a pin drop in that space, not even the radio was playing. It was very uncomfortable, I had to break the silence.

"What does Jonathan want to talk about? I mean it's not about tests or anything. Is it bad? Is it fixable? Do I need to move somewhere else? Why aren't you answering me?" I was beginning to freak out. Alex just began to laugh.

"First I don't know what Jonathan wants to talk about, I don't think it's about school. It shouldn't be bad. It's probably fixable. You aren't going anywhere, well without me of course. I couldn't answer you because you weren't letting me. You were having a freak out moment and I was to busy laughing."

I took a breath and relaxed a bit. I turned back towards the dashboard again. Alex turned on the radio and started scream singing to five seconds of summer's Good Girls. It had me laughing so hard, I forgot Jonathan was going to be at my house when I got home. Alex stopped for frozen yogurt like every Wednesday.

Jonathan was yet again stilling on my porch when we pulled into my driveway.

"Is this an everyday thing?" Jonathan asked rudely.

"No, every Wednesday we get frozen yogurt and study in my dinning room. There's nothing wrong with schedules. You just wish you had a girl to have a schedule with." I mocked. Jonathan hadn't had a real girlfriend since sixth grade. They were the first "couple" of our class, they only lasted 2 weeks. Other than that Jonathan entered high school and began just sleeping around. He was the first freshman to make the varsity football team and the first football player to have all A's in all honors classes. By the middle of freshman year Jonathan moved into mine and Alex's A.P government class, which was a juniors class, we were still all freshman.

Alex and I have always been smart, in seventh grade we were talking freshman classes. Nothing was challenging enough for us. We knew the material before it was introduced to us. Now every Wednesday our teachers tell us what the next chapter will be about and we study the material the night before. Every post quiz, we get 100% on. Ive been following a schedule since 7th grade. Alex joined in after 8th grade when we really began talking.

It's pretty simple. We organize our teachers filing cabinets on Monday, help in the Library on Tuesdays. Study on Wednesday, Thursday activities and independent studying. Lastly Friday is date night, Saturday we visit with our families, and study. Sunday we go to church and have family dinner between both households.

Alex and I met in eighth grade, but I've known who he was since fourth grade. We really started to talk when the upper classmen began to pick on me for being in his class. Alex became so angry, he punched the dude in the face. We've been best friends ever since.

Jonathan and I met in sixth grade, we were in English class together and he said something about how the teacher didn't know what he was doing. I found it hilarious, and John ended up teaching the class for the rest of the semester, even the teacher was taking notes. We stopped talking once we were all in high school, but now he's at my house once a week.

"I could get a girl and keep a schedule with her, it's not that hard. Every girl loves me." Jonathan expressed.

"Not every girl," I giggled.

"Wait Joe doesn't like me? I knew it she's to cute to like a jock."

"Ohh! John you like Joe!" Alex teased.

"Hey we have our nerd crush, HELLO! YOU TWO? You guys are the biggest nerds of the school." Jonathan threw his bag on the kitchen counter and started raiding the fridge.

"Hey! I'm ordering pizza get out of there." I yelled at Jonathan and smacked him on his head with a pizza menu.

Jonathan apologized and backed out of the fridge with his hands up like he was just caught in a crime. "So what was so important that you needed to speak to us about?" Alex asked as if he had to be somewhere.

"So I have been informed that the council wants us to prove that Annabeth is capable of the majority of her powers, if she is we (Alex and I) get to keep our powers and we all get to go to Morse Peak." Alex got really excited over Morse Peak. I had no idea what John was talking about. I asked him what the hell Morse Peak was, which of course I got a shocked look from Alex.

"Only the best school for weird people like us to go! Every scary or crazy story you've ever heard, It's there!" Alex turned into a kid in a candy store, which was really adorable.

"Okay then, what do I have to do?" I really didn't care for the school, so I didn't even want to go into it.

"Glad you asked because I have no idea." Jonathan laughed.

"What do you mean you don't know?" Alex turned towards Jonathan as if he was about to punch Jonathan into the next world.

"All three of us have to show up at an arena in 2 weeks and Anna will show them her powers. Oh hey anna have had pain in your back?" Jonathan asked nonchalant.

"Yea, why?"

"Lift up your shirt." Jonathan insisted.

"What!? Why would you tell her to do that when im standing right here asshole!" Alex cursed. I have never seen Alex this mad, ever, let alone curse.

"Not for sexual reasons, I wouldn't do that when your around. I want to see if her wings are growing in or not." Jonathan laughed. Alex relaxed when he heard this. I looked at Alex and he nodded for permission. I turned around and lifted the back of my shirt up.

"Yup. Their growing in perfectly fine. They aren't going to need aliment." Jonathan threw my shirt down and I reposition the shirt to how it was before. Jonathan add that it may be a couple of days for my wings to grow in maybe on Monday he suspected. Jonathan also mentioned that my wings will be bigger than Alex's, which took me by surprise.

"You have wings!? Let me see!" I begged. Alex sighed and took off his shirt, Jonathan groaned at the sight of shirtless Alex.

Under all that nerd is a gorgeously tanned body with abs as hard as rock; his figure is just wow. He turned around and this man had back muscles! His wings spread and it was so beautiful. They were black with streaks of grey; they spanned two times his arms length and three layers thick. I was in awe. I couldn't believe this was hiding under a cashmere sweater and khaki's.

"Okay Jonathan time to leave," I laughed.

"Why so you guys can study?" Jonathan mocked me.

"Yup. Study. Whatever you say, just leave." I pushed Jonathan out of my front door and locked it.

"What was that about-" I interrupted Alex by kissing him, making him lean against the kitchen counter.

Best Wednesday Ever!