Chapter 8

Friday came around quickly. School was slow; everything was just slow. Jonathan had been extremely flirtatious with Joe; that irritated Jamie. Jamie has feelings for Joe, and Joe loves Jamie but likes Jonathan's body. Jonathan likes Joe, for all the same reasons anyone else does. SHE'S GORGEOUS AND SMART. She's already been accepted to Yale and Harvard, and yet she's in the tenth grade. She didn't apply or anything, they want her, visited with her, and are giving her scholarships, acceptance letters and much more. She's even graduating this year. Youngest girl to graduate this high school. I could have graduated last year but I decided to stay with my classmates and graduate with them. Next year I am taking college classes with Jamie, John and Alex. Joe's going to college; so maybe we will see her.

Eighth period finally rolled around. Alex was talking to me about going roller-skating tonight and if that was still going on. I told him obviously yes, he smiled. Joe kept asking if I can ask Jonathan to go and her and Jonathan can double date with Alex and I.

"Are you crazy? Do you really think if I ask Jonathan, the football jock, to tag along with Alex and I tonight he will be ok with it?" I tried being as sarcastic as possible, just to show her how dumb that sounds, I guess that didn't work.

"Yes!" Joe nearly screams.

"And how do you think Alex will react to this?" I crossed my arms and leaned back in my chair.

"How will I react to what?" Alex comes over to Joe's desk and mine.

"She wants me to ask Jonathan if he wants to tag along on our date tonight and Joe here will just happen to be there." I was really irritated, not only did Jonathan drop a bomb on me two days ago, but also Jamie is in love with Joe!

"So you want her to hook you up with Jonathan. You're into guys like him? I always thought you like guys like...Jamie." Alex tried to be sneaky.

"I did, but I gave up on him. He's not interested in me. He's difficult; it's a game in his head. He's a typical guy." Joe slouched in her chair, all depressed like.

"How do you know for sure he doesn't like you?"

"Because he told me"

Alex and I looked at each other and shared a thought. Maybe instead of Jonathan going skating, Jamie could but Joe doesn't know?

"Okay, I'll do it. No problem." I answered grinning from ear to ear. She had no clue what was going to happen later tonight; She's going to fall in love! I screamed on the inside from excitement.

The bell rang and Joe ran out, it's strange having her in here now. Jonathan's in here and Jamie, soon she will be in all of my classes and not just science. Alex and I started towards my house, well our house, him living next door and everything.

"Don't you think she'll be pissed?" Alex questioned.

"No, I know exactly what will happen. We, you and I, will arrive at 6:15pm, get our skates and wait for Jonathan. Jonathan will arrive at 6:20pm and start talking to us about the game last night. Joe will arrive at 6:25pm, she will be waiting in the parking lot until then because she doesn't trust us. Jonathan will see a pretty girl, ditching us and Joe. Joe will be upset and rant for a little. Jamie will arrive at 6:40pm, that gives Jamie enough time to let Joe vent without dealing with it all night. We will go skating, leaving Jamie and Joe alone together. By 7:30pm Joe and I will get into a fight and I will tell her to relax and have a good time with him. 8pm, Jamie and Joe will leave holding hands, you and I will be leaving to get ice cream that you owe me at 8:05 pm.-"

"Wait I don't owe you ice cream. And how do you know all of this will happen?"

"I saw it." I giggle.