Chapter 14

Alex had been driving for the past ten hours. We stopped four times, well three if you don't count our encounter at the drive-in-movie. Alex was very determined when he drove. His jawline was damn near perfect, the sunrise on his face made him look so beautiful. Not that he isn't beautiful. Do guys even like being called beautiful? Okay being sidetracked; we had maybe forty-five miles to go until we reached the arena. I lay sleepily next to Alex with soft music playing in the background. I wanted to stay like this forever, but I knew in a couple hours it would all be ruined. I gazed out the window and noticed the scenery. I look in a deep breath and closed my eyes. The pinks and purples floating in the horizon, the cloudless sky, it all made me relax. I knew if it could be this beautiful, nothing bad could happen. Then Alex swerved and scared the hell out of me. Alex screeched to a stop and unbuckled and jumped out of the car. "What the hell?" I asked and looked at the road. A girl was standing in the middle of the road blocking traffic, well us. No one was around, and she better be damn lucky that no one else as around. It was one of the girls! She had black curly hair, green eyes, and really red lipstick. I jumped out of the car and ran over to her. Her eyes were blood shot and she stood like a zombie. Alex grabbed one of her arms and carried her into the back seat of his car. I climbed in with her and gave her a bottle of water and a granola bar. She did eat and take the water. After a half an hour, she spoke.

"Thank you." She spoke.

"You're welcome. If you don't mind me asking, what is your name?" I spoke softly, not knowing how she will respond.

"My name is Nani. I was taken hostage by this dude in a lab coat and shoved into a cage. They did some tests on me, but I failed at each one of them. Who are you anyways?" She mumbled

"I'm Annabeth, and that's Alex. We are going on a road trip. What kind of tests did they do on you?" I asked.

"Um, they put DNA in me, but I guess it didn't work the way they wanted to. You may think I'm crazy but I can move objects with my mind. They put that in me, I couldn't do that ever before. I guess they wanted something else to happen. I escaped though, I didn't like to be tested on." She began to drink more water, I handed her another one.

"I don't think you're crazy. I was born in a test tube. They did experiments on me when I wasn't even born yet. I have weird things happen to me all the time. I have wings....which I know is strange but it's the truth."

"Anna do you really think you should be telling her that?" Alex spoke up.

"She needs to know she's not crazy. Was there another girl with you?" I spoke to her.

"Yes, my friend Bonnie. She's a good girl, doesn't deserve any of this. She helped me escape, but I think they found out and hurt her. I don't know, I just heard screaming, painful screams." Nani fell silent.

"Okay, okay. We can get her out of there if you would like. You just need to tell us exactly where she is. We can get you both to safety. We just-" I fell silent looking out of the back window. A black van was following us.

Sorry it was so short....