Chapter 16

Jamie flew right into the window. Nani and Bonnie ducked, Jonathan, Alex and I jumped out of the windows. Jamie fell into the front seat and screeched the car to a stop. He jumped out of the car and ran towards me. He tackled me right to the ground. I pushed him off me and started to punch him. I swung left and right, all my anger went right to him. He was the cause of all of my anger! I hated him. Alex pulled me off of Jamie who was now bleeding from ear to ear. I tried to escape Alex's grip but Jonathan soon grabbed my other arm. Jamie stood up and wiped his face.

"What the hell Jamie!" I screamed, still bound by Alex and Jonathan

"You wont listen any other way. This is for your own good! Look, I was a douche to Joe, but I know that's not why you're mad. You're mad because I ruined your locker. Which is really lame by the way. I'm sorry, it was a prank, but you saw it coming. Oh and by the way, mind reading is very inappropriate. You should really learn who your friends are before you start to trust people. I bet you didn't know your little boyfriend here was already in a relationship with some girl named Alice. Yea, she goes to Morse Peak. Bet you didn't know Jonathan has been in love with you since the fourth grade? How about the fact that your only girl best friend has been trying to kill you for the past three months. How about how your own mother betrayed you? Letting a scientist into your own home and snoop through your stuff. Wow Annabeth you really need to keep up with your friends 'cause darling you are way behind." Jamie was standing about 20 feet from me. Nani and Bonnie were staring at him as if he was a new species. I wanted to cry, but I also wanted to beat the living hell out of Jamie.

"What do you mean 'My little boyfriend is already in a relationship?' Don't you think I would have found out?" I said getting out of Jonathans and Alex's grip stepping towards Jamie.

"Oh pretty boy didn't tell you? He's been in a relationship with Alice since they met on their test day. It was love at first sight if I remember Alex saying." Jamie crossed his arms and glanced over at Alex.

"Is this true?" I turned around.

"Yes, but it ended a long time ago. Anna I would never cheat on women, you know that. That's not me. I wish I could have told you, but I didn't want you burning me to a pit." Alex stepped forward, but I moved back.

"It's over?" I ask.

"Forever. I don't even talk to her anymore. You can check my phone; check social media, anything. I don't have any contact with her at all. Please, just trust me. I would never lie to you."

"Other than the fact that you were hiding this from me, hiding the fact that I had powers, how my test was going to go, how am I suppose to believe you after all of this?" I question. I am so mad right now. I am beyond pissed. Everything is going wrong. I just...I took off. I couldn't stand to look at anyone. My mind was flustered. I wanted to just cry. I did, the whole way home. I ran into a cloud of birds, but that's about it.

I flew right into my bedroom window. My room was trashed and I wasn't going to clean it. I couldn't bare checking if someone was in my room, I didn't care. They can take me, it would be better there than here. I wanted to die. I couldn't handle all this heartbreak. I lay on my bed and drift to sleep. A few hours past, I think, and someone had placed a bag over my head and was carrying me into a van. I could hear their conversation, even though they believe I'm asleep.

"So what do you think they will do with her?" One man spoke.

"I don't know, I don't want to know. You forced me to do this; I never wanted this. She is a good girl, never did anything wrong, but you...you're going to make her into a monster." Oh my gosh! I knew that voice. My mother. She helped kidnap me? I lay still in the back of the van and listened to the rest of their conversation.