#2 request- lunawolf8074

You were always one of Dain Ironfoot's favorite soldiers. You were one of the top fighters during training. Though you were an excellent fighter, that didn't mean you abandoned your studies. You worked hard to make a name for yourself and that's what you did. Lord Ironfoot saw your potential and your determination to succeed and eventually you became a commander in his forces. When Dain told you that his brethren were in trouble you nodded solemnly, now you were currently marching off towards Erebor to help Thorin and his company and the bulk of Dain's forces.

Arriving at the mountain, you could hear the drawing of bows. Your infantry paused as you came over the hill separating you and the rest of the armies. You walked to stand next to Dain and he moved forward to address the crowd. You could see the army of elves 'and a nervous group of men' you mused although you did admire them for their bravery. The men of Laketown (or was it Dale now?) grabbed their fish hooks, spears, and whatever weapons they had and looked ready to charge the mountain. Hungry and scared men made for terrifying foes.

Dain started off with simple words after all, he wasn't one to wait around, "Well good morning!" He greeted the opposing armies. "How are we all?" he asked sarcastically. You squinted up at the mountain and noticed the company of Thorin Oakenshield on the terrace. You could see a certain dwarf in Thorin's company stand out.

You couldn't see his face but observed the outline and smiled. You noticed that his hair was shaped kind of like a star. You could feel a connection to this dwarf, even if you didn't know him yet and promised yourself to keep an eye out (or two if you could spare them) for him on the battlefield.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Yelling, you pushed all of your force and strength into the orc you were fighting. His blade was locked onto yours and you noticed he kept his bottom half unprotected. Crying out in victory, you kicked his knee with your foot and watched as it crumpled your enemy into the ground. You stood over it and struck the creature in the heart. You were now fighting in what historians would then call the Battle of the Five Armies. You fought orcs, wargs and other monstrous creatures as you heard the scared and pained screams of men, dwarves, elves. Trying to block out the sound of death, you focused on another orc in your way.

You were so focused in the Orc you were fighting that you didn't notice that there was one creeping up behind you. You heard Dain call your name in a panic and as you finished the orc and turned around to see the other gruesome creature raised his axe.

'This is it.' You thought. 'I'm dead'.

Clenching your eyes shut, you mutter a short prayer as you hear the blade come down. A flash of wind swept past you an orange blur flew in front of you and struck the orc in his skull. The figure turned around and you noticed that he was the dwarf you liked with the star hair.

He was more handsome than you had originally thought. His hair was reddish-brown and he had the most beautiful blue eyes. He had blood and grime covering him, not that you were opposed or disgusted, you had lived with smellier men in the barracks.

You shook your head, not believing how close you were to death. "Thank you" you gasped out. Holding out his hand, he helped pull you to your feet. "Your welcome" he smiled at you. Your heart started to flutter as you both turned around and fought back to back with new enemies in tow.

You grunted as the vile thing you currently fought pushed you against the dwarfs back. You quickly finished the orc and looked back to your mysterious savior. "What is your name?" You pondered. "Nori my lady. And yours?" He called to you, glancing at you as he killed the orc."Y/n" you called back. 'Y/n' he thought 'perfect'.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

It was a couple months after the battle and with everybody's cooperation, you had won, but at a steep cost. Thorin, son of Thraìn, son of Thror, King Under the Mountain was dead along with his nephews Fili and Kili. You hadn't known them in person, but you had heard great tales from Nori, other dwarves and even some elves and men.

Your mentor and friend Dain was now King Under the Mountain and you had grown closer with Nori as you had both helped rebuild Erebor and heal the damage the battle and the dragon had caused. You found it hard to believe as love had never been on your mind before, but you admitted to yourself that you liked him as more than a friend.

You were sitting outside of the mountain enjoying the fresh air when you heard your name being called. Squinting into the horizon, you chuckled at the ex-thief as he ran towards you, his hair flapping in the wind and his cheeks red from running.

He stopped in front of you panting and settled his palms on his knees, kneeled over and panting. Glancing up to you he muttered "what's so funny?"

"You"

He scoffed and settled next to you. You glanced down at your hands in your lap and looked to the side at your friend. You frowned when you noticed Nori looked nervous. "What's wrong Nori?" you asked, wanting to help the dwarf you loved.

He looked at you nervously, sighed , wringing his hands together before getting down in front of you and taking your hands in his own. Your eyes widened and wondered what brought this act on. Yes he was dramatic, but this was a new level.

"Ever since the battle was won, I've had feelings for a beautiful dwarrowdam." He hesitantly started.

'Oh' you thought with disappointment. "May I ask who the lucky gal is?"

He paused and stared at you. " Y/n, it's you."

Shocked, you looked at him and then at your intertwined hands, your cheeks red from embarrassment. Laughing you slid off the bench until you were on your knees in front of him as well. Peeking at him from under your eyelashes, you leaned in closer and with a big smile you kissed him and he returned the favor.

What you didn't notice was that while you were kissing, he stole your necklace from your neck. You pulled back gasping for air when you noticed his sly smirk. You squinted at him and felt your collarbones and felt nothing. 'My necklace! That silly dwarf.'

"Give it back Nori"you fake pouted. He smirked "you have to catch me first" before he got up off his knees and ran off towards the mountain. You laughed and chased after him. 'Only he would make a declaration of love into a chasing match.'

But you loved him anyways.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.::::::::::::::::::.:::::

Hope you liked it!