Reader X Legolas X Thorin

For IrisTheSergal

*IRIS'S POV*

You know, sitting in the dungeons of Thranduil's kingdom was not on your (or anybodies) to do list. You knew that going through Mirkwood was a risk, but in order to get to the Lonely Mountain the quickest, Thorin, your betrothed, decided this was the best option. 

Thorin had just gotten back from talking to the elven King Thranduil and you could tell things did not go well considering Thorin leaned against the damp rock wall of the cell you were in and heaved a huge sigh of frustration. Scooting over to him, you could see he was trying to keep tears at bay. You knew that he would try to keep them at bay in order to look strong but he needed comfort and you loved him. 

You wrapped your arms around his shoulders and pulled him close. He wrapped his arms around you and started to cry.  You moved your arm to stroke his hair as he let out all of his fears of the journey, problems, anger over elves and everything else just wash away.

"Oh my love, I know things are difficult right now, but you are the strongest being I've ever met." You told him softly. He stopped after a couple minutes and looked at you in confusion. 

"Iris, when I met you, I hated you for your powers-"

You nudged him playfully. "Yeah, until you fell in love with me" you grinned. He chuckled along with you. "Yes, until I fell in love with the most beautiful being in the Universe, you Iris." He took a breath in and continued. "But I have made so many mistakes through this journey, I doomed the company to a life sentence in the dungeons of a man who abandoned us at our greatest need and HECK! Sometimes I even get Kili and Fili mixed up... don't you see Iris, what if I make a mistake with you? You are the best thing to ever happen to me, I don't want to ruin this." 

You gripped his hand and pulled him into a kiss. "Oh my love, you won't."  

He smiled against your lips. Leaning back he held your face in his hands. "I cannot wait for our marriage Iris, I love you."

You leaned into his side. "I love you too Thorin, even if we perish" 

There was a jingling of keys and your cell door opened. "Not in here your not." 

You looked and saw Bilbo. "Bilbo! Oh i'm so happy to se- wait, why is he here?" you and Thorin pointed to the kings son.. Legolas you think he was called. He looked at you and smiled politely. "I do not agree with my father on keeping you all prisoners, so I am helping you escape." Nodding to him, you gripped Thorin's hand and you both followed Bilbo down to the cellars.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was so much blood, and crying, and screams. The sound of metal clashing and the screams of men, elves, dwarves, Orcs and Eagles were everywhere. You were ignoring all of this looking in a panic for Thorin, Fili and Kili. You spun around as an Orc missed you barely and when you spun, you saw an arrow sticking out of it's chest. Legolas jogged over to you and saw your eyes searching wildly for someone. 

He pulled you into an alcove, to shield yourselves from the enemy. "Iris, what is the matter?" He said over the noise of battle. 

You were basically in tears at this point. "Legolas, I-I can't find Thorin, o-or my nephews" you choked out. He smiled suddenly. "I saw them head up Ravenhill, Dwalin with them! Come on!" You both sprinted up the mountain side, looking for your love and nephews and friend. You heard the sounds of fighting and your heart dropped. You saw Dwalin fighting orcs off by himself. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Legolas head to fight somewhere else. After picking off the last of the orcs, Dwalin turned to you. "Iris! Fili, he...he" he trailed off not being able to say more and your eyes filled with tears. You pulled him into a hug and tears ran down your face. Pulling away, you looked through clouded vision trying to find Thorin and Kili. You heard a yell of pain and your heart stopped. It was Thorin. "NO!" you yelled and sprinted across the iced landscape until you spotted Thorin, laying on the ground with Azog trying to pierce him through the chest.