Gaining a Sister

After the visit to Porlyuscia, a few days ago, Alexis tried getting closer to the guild but memories from her past scared her away from the others.

Now she was sitting at table, staring at Natsu and Gray fighting. She had gotten a bit used to that happening every time. As she stared, she heard everyone laughing and couldn't help but replay a memory from her prison.

~Flashback~

Inside a mountain underground, there was a prison holding people ranging from children to old people.

In one of the many cells, a little girl with three adults were sitting there. One of the adults was a male wizard, his name was Raven. He was telling a story to the little girl who was entranced by every word he spoke.

The little girl, who was Alexis, clapped as he finished the story. "Is it true Raven? That you fought twenty bandits all by yourself?" She asked excitedly.

Raven chuckled and ruffled her hair. Alexis grabbed his hand and smiled brightly, giggling.

"Aye, it is true. I barely managed, but those bandits were never able to take down old Raven here." He pointed proudly to himself.

Alexis saw a long stick and grabbed it, pretending to ride it like witch's broom. She jogged and hopped around the small cell, causing a smile to lift on the adults' faces.

Alexis jogged up to Raven. "I wish I had magic. Then I can become a strong wizard and take down evil! Just like you!" She grinned at him.

Raven smiled. "Alexis, a wizard isn't strong by just his magic but also by his feelings."

The little girl tilted her head confused. "Feelings?"

"Yes. Feelings are what allow a person to become stronger. Feelings from your friends, family and loved ones help you to protect the people you love and in return, they will protect you as their own." Raven explained. The other two adults nodded in agreement.

Alexis looked thoughtful. "So I don't have to have magic to protect someone? All I need to do is be there for them?" She asked confused.

Raven chuckled and shook his head playfully. "Not quite, but you are right."

She dropped the stick and hugged Raven, surprising him, but he hugged back in return. She pulled back and looked at everyone.

"We all have each other, so I guess that means that all of us are strong together right?" She closed her eyes, laughing cheerfully.

Her laugh started fading...

~End of Flashback~

Alexis started crying and ran out of the guild, she heard someone shouting her name but didn't look back.

She had no idea where she was running, but when she stopped, she had ended up on the riverbank.

She sat down and brought her knees to her chest, crying into them. She missed Raven. Why did he have to sacrifice himself for her?! It's all her fault! If she didn't use magic, he would still be alive! She continued crying in pain and sadness.

She didn't notice that someone was walking up behind her. Until they placed a hand on her shoulder.

She glanced up through her bleary vision and saw Erza. Alexis jumped up and quickly wiped her eyes, trying to get rid of any signs she was crying.

"Why are you here?" She asked.

Erza looked at her with sympathy. "I wanted to see if there was anything wrong?"