The Awful News

This has to be a dream. It had to be. My Max had to remember who I am. This is a joke. A sick joke. I looked into her beautiful brown eyes, trying to find her Maxness but instead found confusion and... fear. Is she afraid of me? No.This can't be happening to me.

I ran out of the patient's room to find a place to cry and let my emotions take control of my body. I ran straight into Iggy's chest. He must have heard my coughing and the effort to hide my sadness because he took me to the men's room to calm me down.

"What happened?" Iggy gently asked as if I was a bomb ready to explode. Maybe I was.

"She doesn't know who I am."I managed to choke out before my throat closed and tears ran down my face. I must have looked like an insane asylum patient having one of those special breakdowns.

Iggy gently pulled me into a hug which was kind of weird considering he was like my brother. Now you have to understand that I hate any physical contact with any one especially with other guys. But this hug was..helpful you may say. We stayed in the bathroom for 20 minutes until I calmed down enough to tell the flock they lost their leader.

Me and Iggy walked into the waiting room to fing three anxious children. The hardest part was explaining to them that Max had amnesia. That she forgot who we were and who she is.

They all began balling. Gazzy and Angel both ran to me. Nudge ran to Iggy seeing that I was occupied. Iggy looked at me which is weird considering he is blind and gave me a sad frown and a sigh.I probably can guess what he meant, 'How are we going to survive without her'. I only shrugged because I honestly have no idea.

We waited for 2 hours in that waiting room. Then a man in blue scrubs told us to leave and get rest and that the hospital will call if there are any updates on Max's condition.

So we left the hospital in hopes that tomorrow Max will have remembered us, who she is, and most importantly me.