Max alone.

Fang was out cold. I started to scream and panic; not knowing were i was or who these people were. They continued with their interigation like nothing happened.

"Where is Maya?!?!?!"a short man in a whitecoat practically screamed at me.

"I don't k-know who you are talking a-about!" I whimpered through my tears.

"She's is of no use to us if she doesn't know where Maya is." I heard the tall blonde woman say under her breath.

"You're right Rosie." The short man replied.

What were they going to do to me...

Again I tried calling to Fang trying to get him to wake up, but I saw no movement in his cage.

"Oh honey, he can't possibly answer you." Rosie cooned.

"Why n-not..?" I stammered.

"He's close to death. The last shock we gave him was too strong for even a bird kid like yourself to with stand I made sure of it." She said with malice in her voice.

I was...shocked and scared and very upset. I was falling in love with the mystery man and now he is...dead...? I sobbed. And very soon the two scientists or whatever they were left. Leaving me alone with thoughts and feelings and tears.

I looked over at the lifeless form of the mystery man and whimpered. The way he was laying I couldn't see his face which I desperately wanted to see. Then something happened. I remembered something I hadn't before. Something about Fang.

Flashback

"Fang, I'm cold..." I said between shivers.

"Come here. I'll keep you warm." He whispered so the flock wouldn't wake up.

We were currently somewhere in Pennsylvania in a cave close to Erie I think. The weather was not agreeing with us.

Fang was on look-out. He had a blanket wrapped around him he slowly unwrapped himself to allow me to enter. I sat on his lap and looked at the moon and stars over the lake. It was beautiful.

"It's beautiful." Fang whispered in my ear making my jump a little. He cold voice making my ear tickle.

"I'm sorry did I scare you?" Fang giggled. That's right he giggled.

I looked at him, puzzled. He shrugged. "What?" I asked him.

"You're beautiful,Max." I was stunned by his response. Fang has never said anything like that to me ever. He always makes fun of me.

"I-I.." I mumbled.

That's when he took his chance. Fang kissed me for the first time ever. And as much as I was shocked I kinda liked it...

Our lips moved in sink to the waves of the lake crashing over the rocks below us.

Fang pulled back first. We both gasped for air.

"Max, that was amazing... And I just wanted to tell you I've loved you for a long time now and I couldn't-" I cut Fang off with another passionate kiss.

After I pulled away we sat there and watched the moon and the waves.

"I love you Max"

"I love you too, stupid"

End of flashback

I remember now. I remember the flock, the school, my wings, and more importantly my one true love. I also remembered that he was dead...