Max's POV

Max's POV

NIGHT OF THE ACCIDENT

It happened so fast I didn't have time to think, cry, or call out Fang's name. My car ran head on with a semi. The impact knocked me forward into the windshield making me go unconscious. Seeing only darkness.

I raised my head to the sound of beeping and a blinding light in my eyes. As my eyes adjusted I saw a black silhouette of a man holding a sleeping child in his arms in the entrance of my room. He gently sat her down in a padded chair in the corner and walked over to the bed. Joy and longing filled his eyes.

Now that my eyes adjusted completely I had a better view of this man. He was aroung 17. He was muscular and toned. He had onyx eyes and silky black hair that covered parts of his face. He had a sly half smile on his perfectly shaped lips. He wore a plain black t-shirt with black pants and converse. I was strangly attraced to this mystery man. Wait, what am I thinking I don't even know this guy. But I will admit he is handsome.

When he made his way over to the bed he sat down and gently took my hand and stroked it. I was a little tensed up by this, but nothing could have prepared me for what happened next. He kissed me. Shocked I puhed him away. When I saw the pain and longing in his eyes I was immeaditly sorry. I didn't have time to say sorry before he got up quickly and ran out of the room silently sobbing.

He obviously loves me but sadly I don't remember anything about the mystery man in black.

Present Day

The mystery ma- sorry Fang tries to help me remember some things but seriously these things seem like a joke. Wings, The School, these things don't seem real. He says I am a leader of a group called the Flock containing him, me, Iggy, Nudge, Gazzy, and Angel. Strange names for children. He also says me and him have a little history in a relationship and we love each other very much. I certainly am falling for him, but I don't remember him.

Still some things don't click. Some things do. Like for example my memories with my mom and Ella. And sometimes memories with The Flock.

I repeatedly said sorry to Fang about not remembering him. He waved it off and gave me a rare smile that makes my heart skip a beat.Then something smashed the window causing glass to shatter to the floor.

Fang jumpes on me to protect me from the beings coimg in on all sides of the house. He was going to say something before he yelped and his head dropped onto my chest. A being big and hairy almost resembling a wolf stood over us. I violently tried shaking Fang awake but he wouldn't budge.

And yet again I am knocked out seeing nothingness once more.