Attacked from the Sky.

Fang's POV

The erasers closed in around me and Max. They were definitely more of them than of us. Maybe 20 or so against 2. Yes me and Max are excellent fighters but we always had the flock to back us up.

Max took on two at a time and I had three. I upper-cutted one to the jaw hearing a satisfying crack. The next one hit me square in the nose. Blood gushed from my nose and onto my chest.

The third eraser took the opportunity of kicking me in the gut while I was feeling for any swelling in my nose. I know bad choice...

I looked over to see if Max was okay. She was holding off well with only a black eye and busted lip. Minor injuries to us.

I roundhouse kicked the first eraser. Hearing him oof in pain. I clapped my hands over the second eraser shattering his eardrums making him fall to the ground. The third eraser punched me in the lip busting it. I hate the taste of blood. I cracked my fist over his head. And he too fell to his death.

That's when I heard her scream for me.

"FANG!!!" I looked around and saw that 3 erasers had her. Two held her arms and one held her feet. Then a fourth came and repeatedly punched her wings.

I ran to her side. I started seeing red. I was angry. You have to know that I have a short temper. A very short temper.

Two punches to the face to the eraser hitting her and he was unconscious. A roundhouse kick to the second holding her feet and he was a goner. The second two were quite easy. When they let go of Max she started falling. All those punches to her wings they must be in excruciating pain.

I swooped down to catch her. I caught her 20 feet before she hit the ground. The rest of the erasers followed us into the woods. I was carrying Max and jumping over Jager bushes, trying not to bump her head into trees and bushes.

I zig-zagged in different directions trying to make them lose their trail on us. About 30 minutes of that exercise I found an abandoned building.

I ran inside and laid her down on an old car seat making sure to do so gently. She had a swollen bump on the back of her head. She also had a black eye and busted lip. But her wings were the worst.

The were bruised and had a few broken bones but they would heal in a few days. They were causing her excruciating pain. She was clinging to my right arm and digging her nails in. There was gonna be a mark later.

"Fang..." She whimpered.

"Shh..shhh.." I cooned. "Everything will be okay." I said as I put my jacket gently under her head.

I pushed hair away from her beautiful brown eyes. 'This was it.' I said to myself 'now or never...'

"Max I have to tell you something..." I said hesitantly.

"Fang what is it? Are you hurt?"

"No, I want to ask you something very important." I said a little more confidently.

"Oh...um...okay" Max said while blushing a bit.

"Maximum Ride, I have loved you since I can even remember. I love everything about you, your beautiful brown hair, chocolate eyes, and your amazing smile. I love our memories, inside jokes, and everything in between. You are my world, my rock, my best friend, my mom, my confidant, my partner, and my lover. And I want to add one thing to the long list. Will you Maximum Ride be willing to make me the happiest man in the entire world and become my wife?"

When I looked at Max she was crying. I took out the ring I bought a few months ago. She cried even harder.

"Is that a yes?" I asked nervously.

She nodded and I slipped the ring on her finger and pulled her into a hug not too hard because she was injured and all. We kissed even more passionately then ever before. I knew my life from that day on was gonna be great.