Max Remembers.

Max's POV~

I can't believe this... He isn't...dead...

I look over at his cage and gasp. He was lifeless and crumpled at the bottom of his dog crate. His body was turned a certain way so I couldn't see his beautiful, but lifeless face. And to be honest I didn't want to see him if he was not giving a rare half smile.

I sob remembering all the good memories, inside jokes, and all the little things I loved about him like how he hated the crust of his pizza.

I was in full breakdown mode. My best friend, right wing man, and most importantly my boyfriend was dead.

I continued to scream his name and claw at the bars of my crate to reach him when I heard a moan. At first I was convinced someone else was in the room with us. Then I heard shuffling and movement.

By the time I realized someone had been watching me, I was screaming and moving around so that whoever they were wouldn't stick me with a needle. Then I heard a sweet voice, the voice I needed to hear, the voice I thought I'd never hear again.

"Max, baby, calm down I'm here, I'm alive. Please stop screaming. My head is killing me."

I immediately stopped yelling and thrashing and looked at my baby. He looked like he had gone through a meat grinder. He wasn't hurt or bleeding. He looked awful. His hair was ruffed a weird way and his eyes were red. I probably looked no better.

"Fang..." I whispered.

I vaguely saw his head nod yes in response.

"Does it hurt to talk." Another nod.

"My head is killing me." He responded.

"You hit your head hard when shocked you."

"Oh, I don't remember much... Wait... Max do you remember me?"

I nodded yes and tears started to flood my vision.

"I missed you so much." He whimpered.

"I know, I'm going to get you out of here. I promise."

"Max..." I cut Fang of babbling about several plans I knew would fail.

"MAX!!!" Fang yelled/whispered. I stopped and looked where he was pointing. He was pointing at a shiny object at the bottom of my crate. It was bobby pin I had in my hair. I nodded and started working on the lock on my cage.

When I had cracked the lock I went straight to Fang's crate and started to crash the lock on his crate. When I opened his door he jumped on me and wrapped me in his arms and gently kissed my temple.

" Fang we can do this after we escape." I whispered half laughing silently.

" But I missed you so much, Princess." Fang cooned.

"Fang, window, 6 o'clock." I whispered. He nodded. We knew we only had about 7 seconds after that glass was broken until the alarms went off and they knew we had escaped.

I nodded in approval. Fang grabbed my hand and shattered the glass with his free elbow since I was too busy grasping onto it.

Then we flew.

The sky was beautiful that was until I heard humvees and erasers closing in on us.