Tony x Reader: Anxiety Attacks

Requested by: sabrinademelo

Hope you like this!
________________________

'No. This can't be.' You thought as you rushed to your bedroom, tears brimming your eyes.

Fury had just assigned a mission to Tony that could kill him. You knew that the mission should only be for a few days, but that didn't stop you from worrying. He had been your crush ever since you joined the team a couple years ago. 

You slammed the door behind you, curling up into a ball on your bed. You could feel your hands tremble and your heartbeat quicken. You couldn't lose him.

You would die without him here.

But you knew that you could nothing to prevent him from going. Fury's orders were final.

"Y/N? Are you in there?" You heard Tony ask, knocking on your door. You quickly wiped the tears from your cheeks and stood up, trying to look as presentable as possible.

"Come in." You stated as he opened the door, smiling at you.

"Did you overhear the conversation between me and Fury?"

You nodded as he looked into your eyes.

"I'm leaving in a couple of minutes for that very mission." He explained, his hands clasped together nervously.

"How about a hug for the road?" You concluded, holding your arms open for him. He rushed into your arms, like as if he also knew that this could be his last time seeing you. You shook that assumption off, since you knew that he could never like you back. 

You two embraced for a couple of minutes in a comfortable silence. He pulled away and bidded you farewell.

"Bye Tony." You muttered, your heart shattered into a million pieces. 

~Time skip brought to you by Bruce dancing to Toxic by Brittney Spears~

A few days later, you were curled up on the couch, tears rolling down your face. You haven't been able to sleep for the past couple days and you've been hyperventilating constantly. Every now and then, Steve or Bruce would come to check up on you, wondering if you were OK. You always said you were fine, your heart pounding out of your chest. 

'What if he's dead? What if his body is sprawled across a vast desert, with vultures feasting on his decaying carcass?' You thought, your muscles tensing up. Your head was spinning, filled with so many horrible scenarios.

"I'm back!" You thought you heard Tony say, but you dismissed the thought, thinking that your mind was playing tricks on you. You felt the couch shift next to you and lifted your head up out of your lap.

There was Tony, his brown eyes filled with concern. 

"Tony! Thank god your ok!" You gasped, hugging him tightly.

"Woah Y/N! Why are you so concerned for my safety all of this sudden?" He questioned, hugging you back.

"Well, I like you a lot actually, and since you went on a mission that could of killed you, I kind of freaked out." You confessed, blushing slightly.

"Sir, when she says she 'freaked out', she actually means that she had multiple severe anxiety attacks." J.A.R.V.S. stated, making you facepalm.

Suddenly, Tony pulled your legs onto his lap and pulled you closer.

"I'm here now." He comforted as you rested your head on his shoulder.

~Time skip brought to you by Steve in a kawaii sundress~

You had fallen asleep in Tony's arms, completely relaxed. He picked you up bridle style and took you to your room, a smile etched on his face. He placed you on your bed softly, so he wouldn't wake you up.

"I like you too." He whispered as he pulled the covers over you, placing a soft kiss on your forehead. You smiled slightly, feeling the warmness from the kiss on your forehead.

_____________________

THIS IS SO CUTE AWWW

While I was writing this I had two cups of coffee because I was really tired.

Also, if you ever see any grammar mistakes on any of my one-shots, please let me know! I will fix them immediately.

LUV YA BUNCHES! :3

~Zoe