Chapter 13: "Team C.H.I.P."

We also needed to tell Dad what was going on.

Max Schleimer wasn't the crazy bad guy threatening the city (today anyway) - Seth Mindwarp was! While Freaky Fuzzies were hypnotizing kids and locking up their parents all over town, Dad was on security detail for the guy who was making all the evil Freaky Fuzzies!

And my guess was that Seth Mindwarp was controlling the Fuzzies too, maybe even using them to spy on every house in Vortville!

I looked through all the broken Freaky Fuzzy parts on the basement floor and discovered at least two cameras, along with a ton of other crazy cyber stuff.

This guy had to be stopped!

But I realized that in this case, Dad would be better off trying to stop Seth Mindwarp first, before I brought C.H.I.P. into the action. After all, he was already at Mindwarp headquarters. All he really had to do was grab Seth Mindwarp and lock him up.

But first I had to convince Dad that Seth was the real bad guy. And we all know that I'm not very good at convincing Dad of anything.

I called Dad. He was right in Seth Mindwarp's office, and Seth was right there with him! Dad had no idea what was going on around town. Seth was taking over everything right under Dad's nose, and Dad didn't even know it!

Anyway, finally I just blurted out everything. He had to take Seth down fast!

Dad didn't buy it. Okay, I guess I expected that. But what I didn't expect was for him to tell Seth Mindwarp all about my phone call! Seth just laughed and laughed.

And then he called in his Freaky Fuzzy army.

Dad didn't have a chance. The Fuzzies zapped him and all his men, and then threw them into a super-high-tech jail cell!

When I tried to call Dad again, someone answered but just listened. I realized something was very, very wrong.

It was probably Seth Mindwarp himself!

And now he had my phone number!

This was it. Vortville was under attack from within. The craziest bad guy of all had infected every home in town with fuzzy toylike viruses, pint-sized invaders that were taking over every kid's brain. And their parents were all helpless, locked up in their own homes!

Vortville needed C.H.I.P. now more than ever before!

But we needed to do more than just stop a crazy bad guy. We needed to stop an entire army of Freaky Fuzzies!

But that would be impossible! C.H.I.P. was just one secret agent! How could he stop an entire army?

Stella had the answer. "They're probably all controlled by some central computer network. Shut that down and you shut down all the Fuzzies."

I now felt confident that we could pull this off. Stella was the missing part of Team C.H.I.P.

With the three of us working together, C.H.I.P. would be the greatest secret agent ever!