Chapter 11 : Self Oath

Thank you so much for reading. It honestly means a lot to me.

"Feelings never do make sense. They get you all confused. Then they drive you around for hours before they drop you right back where you started." - Blair Waldorf.

Chapter 11 : Self Oath

A L E X

She was broken. She was broken and I knew it.

The way she was hesitant to smile and the way even though she was doing the action that seemed so simply to others you could still see the gleam of sadness and pain within her green eyes.

That night she had the nightmare I wasn't asleep. I couldn't sleep fully anymore without having terrible flashbacks of that night. The night when I lost her. Ol-

Enough, I thought strongly stopping my wandering thoughts as I threw myself backwards onto my plush mattress.

Anyway, that night I watched how she thrashed. How she extended her arms up in the air still unconscious, wordlessly begging for someone to pull her out of her terrifying dream. She shook frantically and I could visibly see the erratic speed to which her chest rose and fell as she breathed. The hitching of her breath did something to me and the way tears spilled from her eyes as she fought because of the lack of oxygen to her lungs. I had experienced the same thing first hand for approximately two years and it has been the worst experience. It pained me to see someone so innocent and sweet to have to go through something like that. My heart clenched when she opened her eyes and I saw nothing but fear within them.

Why am I thinking like this? Why am I letting this girl get to me? She was making me feel things I shouldn't for a girl ever again. I had made a vow to myself that day and I intend on following through with it. But why did every time she laughed I feel as if my vow to myself is worth nothing? Should I take back my offer to teach her how to fight?

No! A part of me yelled while the other was screaming the opposite.

I couldn't get her out my mind and I chastised myself every time because I knew she was too much like her. Too similar and I didn't want to go back there again.

Monroe was lethal. She was lethal without even knowing it.

One of her smiles made me want to smile.

Her laugh increased my heart rate.

Her green eyes reminded me of a good day. A vast green meadow that sparkled proudly as the sun shone down on it. They were so unique and different that I found myself staring at them when I shouldn't be. I really shouldn't be.

And when she cried. When she cried it felt as if the earth beneath my feet shifted forcing me to fall into a dark hole with no hope for light.

She was like a good dream I never wanted to wake up from and it's so ironic because all I've ever wanted to do was wake up anytime I fell asleep.

When I saw her ran inside the boys' bathroom panting as if she had just finished a marathon I knew something was up. She didn't notice me but I did, I noticed her. I always did. She ran out quickly giving me no chance to question her. I finished my business and ran after her but she was no where in sight. I had no idea where she had gone so fast, that was until I saw a fuming Queen Bitch running into the girls' bathroom and that was when I put two and two together. Going into the opposite gender's "sacred place" was no challenge for me but seeing a helpless Monroe get slapped in front of me unleashed a beast that I had chained up and put away a long ago.

I had never wanted to hit anyone as much as I wanted to at that moment plus the slut's overconfident mocking was not helping my case. She should thank the Lord that she was a girl. I took control of the situation by grabbing Francesca's hand and that simple act made me want to drop it out of the mere repulsion I felt by being too close to her. As I took in a Monroe that still looked scared shitless my grip on her hand tightened. I had to remind myself that Francesca was a girl to not break her jaw, or a leg...or both.