Chapter 36 : Hurt

[A/N] : I'm so so sorry about being M.I.A. for so long and missing my updating day for the last week. I could make this easy on the both of us and give you some shitty ass excuse like school or I've just been busy but that's not it. Admittedly, I've just not been feeling like myself lately. It's not anything in particular that has been said or done to me I've just fallen into this state of depression. I'm not functioning like my normal self and I'm completely at lost as what I can do to feel better. Writing makes me feel better but this feeling has got me unable to do even that. I didn't want to toss you guys a chapter and it was utter shit.

Thoughts about morbid things has refused to leave my mind and make me be happy but I'm trying my best to get through this phase. I wrote this chapter about three times until it came out as satisfying as I wanted it to. I hope you guys are understanding because of this and I hope you continue to read this book until the end. You're the best readers in the world, thank you. x

Chapter 36 : Hurt

"Your what?" I asked turning to Luke frantically.

His eyes were the size of saucers.

He opened his mouth but nothing came out. This repeated for a couple more times until I spoke again as I glanced between the two.

"Boyfriend? Luke's your boyfriend!"

Allison stepped to me with the nasty glare as she scowled.

"He was. I'm not too sure about that after seeing his tongue down your throat a moment ago. Aren't you supposed to be my brother's girlfriend or something yet still you're out here trying to steal my boyfriend."

I was stunned at her words but more embarrassed.

I knew kissing Luke was a bad idea but I did it anyway because I craved something other than Alex.

Luke was just convenient at the moment.

I swallowed the multiple emotions that were surfacing.

"I-I didn't know he was your boyfriend and it wasn't my fault he-"

"Babe I swear," Luke began pleadingly and I let out a sigh thinking he would confess and clear this all up but the words he finished with had me turn pale. "She came onto me."

"Luke!" I gasped as I glanced over at him.

His blue eyes that I had admired a few minutes ago refused to meet my gaze.

"You have to believe me, I love you Allison. You know I do. I wouldn't have gone through all these problems, especially with our age difference if I didn't. You're It for me. Carrie kissed me out of nowhere when I saw her crying-"

"Luke stop lying!" I hissed when I witnessed Allison's expression softening.

She seriously can't be buying this.

"Lying? Carrie I'm not sure why you did what you did a moment ago but I'll let it slide because no matter what you do you can't separate Allison and I. Whatever feelings I think you have for me I suggest you get rid of them from this moment on."

I ran my hand through my hair in frustration. "Luke," I began with a hiss and I could feel a lump forming in the back of my throat. "If you don't tell her the truth this second I swear to God I'll-"

"You'll what?" He interrupted as his body stood tall in front mine blocking Allison from my view. "You expect me to lie for you when you were the one who kissed me? I know you're a lost cause and desperate but I didn't expect for you to be such a sl-"

My hand raised and before I could blink it hit his cheek harshly.

His head snapped to the side while Allison gasped in pure disbelief.