Chapter 44 : News

A/N: Second to last chapter. Hope you like it. Ignore the bad typos btw xxx.

Chapter 44 : News

A L E X

It was cold, the bed I meant.

It lacked the usual warmth from the side that radiated onto me, reminding me painfully of what used to be. The authorities still hadn't found Carrie. The police were doing everything in their power to but even with Luke's good evidence it seemed to be the most difficult of tasks.

I loathed to continue living like this -- without her.

I missed her heart stopping smile, cute giggles, sarcastic comments, teasing, just everything in general!

I rolled onto my stomach, digging my face into the plush pillow as the aching in my heart didn't cease.

I was completely useless in a lofe threatening situation for the first time in forever and truth be told, it sucked.

I released a deep groan, my hands searching blindly for my phone from beside of me.

Feeling the hard device, I got a grip onto it and pried my eyes open. I placed in the security password and upon teaching my intended destination in my gallery I tapped onto the folder titled "Monroe".

It was really damn cheesy for someone like myself but I couldn't refrain from doing it when I did. She was just so fucking photogenic without even trying.

A pinch was delivered to my heart when I came across a particular photograph of her.

I recalled the day I captured it very vividly actually.

I had just offered her a ride from school which she acceptable willingly. I then went and asked her if she wanted to hang out for a bit before I took her home, not exactly the same words but along the lines of it...but with a tad bit crudeness. I was happy that she didn't see me as forcing her to come with me as she laughed at my words making me think I sounded funny somehow.

I didn't mind, she came didn't she?

In that moment as she tossed her head back laughing like a little kid, her hair that appeared golden because of the bright sunlight, and cascaded down past her shoulders I saw the most picturesque girl in my entire life.

I froze momentarily just watching silently as she tried to gain control of herself but proceeded to failing horribly. Placing a hand over her mouth she finally ceased her giggling.

She raised an eyebrow at me.

"What?" She inquired as if I was the most queer person to have been admiring her like I was, like she was a work of art.

I shook my head. "Nothing."

I sighed getting up out the bed.

Staying in here worse wasn't helping in finding Monroe.

I made my way through the halls and down the stairs and my perked up at the sound of Carrie's name.

"Are you sure?" I hear my father say in a rather awed tone.

It was so unlike him that it had curiosity spreading throughout my veins like a wildfire.

I halted all movements and stayed by the door left ajar hearing what else he had to say.

"Do they have her exact location? And when are they planning on acting on this? I want this thing over with in an instant Joseph. There is someone's life on the line for Christ's sake!"