Chapter 19 : He Made Me Soup

"Monroe. Hey, wake up. We're here." Someone shook my shoulders gently as they spoke. My eyes snapped open and they widened at the sight of an all too familiar pair in front of them.

Alex studied my face and spoke, "We're at your place." He stated. I cupped my hands to my eyes and gazed through the tinted windows and indeed saw the blue house I called home, or didn't. It didn't really matter, I lived there so it automatically was to others...even though it shouldn't be because a house and an actually home were so different in comparison.

I looked back over at him and took a dead breath, grimacing as a pain shot through both my head amd stomach. Oh God, not a headache also. They were the absolute worse at this time.

Alex who was examining noticed me cringe and frowned. I couldn't deny how cute he looked doing that, with same stubborn piece of hair which covered his left eye and will be the death of me and the rest of the female population.

"Can you walk?" I shrugged.

"Can you try?" I nodded.

I began to ease my body upwards but let it fall back down as my entire upper portion began aching and my hands gave way.

I heard him sigh.

He got out of his side of the car and slammed his door shut. The noise it caused pins and needles to appear in my head, pricking me painfully.

My door was opened and before I knew it my body was being picked up gently yet swiftly making me realize something:

Alex was carrying me...bridal style at that.

I whimpered into his arms as he walked up to the front steps. I didn't have to worry about Leona because I knew for a fact she had to work late tonight and she wouldn't be home her usual time since she was meeting a client at their convenient time.

"The keys are in that potted plant to the right of us." I informed him and before I knew what I was doing my arms wrapped around the back of his head, hiding my face in the crook of his neck as the pain didn't cease. I knew that dull moment was too good to be true.

He didn't seem to mind the action I performed as he leant down holding me tighter against his hard body and retrieve the keys.

Familiar jingles filled my ears as I took a deep breath hearing the door click open.

He smells really good.

I let out a yawn as he places me gently on one of the living room's couches.

"You tired?" He asked in a sultry tone as he pushed a strand of my long hair behind my ears and I realized I wasn't wearing my hood anymore. The thought didn't bother me though.

I mumbled something incoherent and just nodded slowly curling up into the cushions. He chuckled a bit and a small smile blessed my lips at the sound.

I really like his laugh.

"Rest a bit more okay? I'll be right here when you wake." He said making me close my eyes willingly.

-----------

I yawn soundlessly as I awoke and I took notice that I was still in the living room on the couch.

On cue, Alex walks in with a small green bowl in his hands with a dish towel. I sit up successfully and let out a sigh of relief when I didn't feel a particular pain hit me.

"Great you're awake." He stated.

"Yeah," I said my voice sounding very unfamiliar to my ears. I sounded like the walking dead.