Chapter 2:

Danny walked to his house and entered. His ma was standing in her blue robe with her arms crossed.

"Hey ma. You should be asleep."

"Can't be asleep if my child is fightin'. Why were you fighting Daniel? Hm?"

I can't tell her. It will hurt her. I can't hurt my mom. "They were talking crap about me."

"So you punched him? I thought I raised a better son. Not one that will take after his father." Danny's mom said and looked in his eyes.

Danny looked down. "I'm sorry mom.........." Danny said.

Scarlet's eyes softened when she saw the hurt in her baby's eyes before he looked down. "Well your grounded for the next week. Now go to your room."

"What about Ms. Tallu?" Danny asked.

"Go. But come straight home. I mean it." Danny nodded before leaving the room. He put his backpack down. It must be really bad if she's comparing me to dad. I guess I am like him though. Since I'm always fighting with people. Danny thought. You are nothing like your father Daniel. Don't even think that. A mysterious voice said in Danny's head. Danny looked around.

"Huh? I'm going crazy. "

No your not. Just because you have a voice in your head does not mean your crazy. The voice said. Tell that to the people in a mental hospital. Or my mom. Danny thought. He then went downstairs. "I'll be home at seven ma."

Danny then left and headed for Ms. Tallu's shop. He opened the door.

"Hey Ms. Tallu."

"Danny! Your early. Now don't tell me you got yourself in another fight."

"Sorry ma'am. I did."

"What for now?"

"Would you tell my mom? Because if she knew she'd be really sad."

"Not if that happens."

"Students were talking crap about her."

"Oh dear. Don't they know not to talk bad about your momma? That you are very protective of her? Like you should be since you are the man of the house."

Danny smiled. " I guess not ma'am."

Ms. Tallu chuckled. "Figures. Well let's get you to work."

"Bye Ms. Tallu. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye Danny. See ya tomorrow."

Danny then left the store with Ms. Tallu and waited for her to pull away from the curb to start walking. I know mom said to go straight home but I need to apologize. I'll go there then home. Danny thought. He then turned around and headed for the club his mom works at called Pandem.

"Hey Danny. You here to see your mom?" The bouncer, Kent, asked.

"Yeah Kent."

"She's in the room getting ready."

"Thanks Kent."

"No problem kid."

Danny then went in.

"Hey Scarlet your kid's here." Josh, another bouncer, said.

Danny passed some of the other dancers to get to his mom. Though he wouldn't look at them. He looked down as soon as he reached her though because she was glaring at him through the mirror.

"I thought I told you to go straight home."

"I know. But I wanted to come here and apologize."

"Well I don't want your apologizes. I want you to listen to me for once. God I swear your just like your father. Next thing I know I'll get a call saying you have been arrested. And with how you've been acting I wouldn't be surprised. And I know your not sorry. You meant what you did. Now get home. NOW."

" Yes ma'am." Danny said before turning and leaving.

He felt a tear escape and he swiped at it angrily. Damn my weakness and me being so emotional! Danny thought. He started down the street.

"Hey Coldier!"

Danny turned at his name and saw his friends Max, Tollic, and Seth.

"Hey Max."

"Want to make two hundred dollars?"

Danny's eyes widened at the sum. "What kind of job is it?"

"Just guarding."

"Okay."

Max led Danny and them to an alley. He stopped in front of it,

"Just let us know if the police show up."

Danny nodded. Why would the police show up? What are they going to do? Danny thought. Get out of there kid. You can't trust them. Get out before it's too late. The voice said. And pass up two hundred dollars? You're crazy. Danny thought. It's not worth your life Danny. Just listen to me. The voice said. They won't kill me. They're my friends. Danny thought.

An elder couple passed them. "Hi." The elder woman said.

"Hi." Danny said.

The elders were about to keep walking when Max and Seth grabbed them and pulled them into an alley. Max pulled a gun on the elder woman and Seth pulled a gun on the elder man. Danny looked down the alley when they grabbed the elders and his eyes widened when he saw Max robbing the elders.