Chapter 7:

"Well I better get goin'. Store isn't going to run itself. See you later Daniel. Nice meeting you Sam."  Matt said.

"You too Matt." Sam said.

Matt then left and Danny looked over at Sam. "He seemed nice."

"Yea he's a nice fellow."

They both looked over at the door when there was knocking. " Hey Danny." Ceral Feal said.

"Ceral?"

"Yup."

"Do you work here or something?"

"I'm a volunteer."

"Ah. "

"Yea. Do you want something to read?"

"Do you have the Gone trilogy?"

"I do. Do you want something to read sweety?" Ceral asked turning to Sam.

"Do you have the Divergent trilogy?"

"Yea hang on." Ceral grabbed first the Gone trilogy and put them on Danny's endtable.

She then went out and grabbed the Divergent trilogy and put it beside Sam. "Thank you." Sam said.

"Your welcome. Need anything else guys?"

Sam reached up to where his necklace usually is. "Do you know where my necklace is?"

" I can find out."

"Thank you."

"Your welcome." Ceral said then left the room.

Danny grabbed the first book of Gone and started reading. Sam grabbed Divergent and started reading. They read for a while before getting tired. Sam had fallen asleep an hour before Danny put his book down. After the boys fell asleep Ceral entered and got into Sam's bottom drawer of his nightstand and took out the skull necklace. She closed her eyes and whispered a chant over the necklace. She then put it in a box and wrote a small note before placing it on top of the books. She then went out.

In the morning Sam woke yawning. He sat up slowly. He looked at his mom.

"Hey ma?"

"Yea hon?"

"Can I have some water?"

Tracy stood and poured some and he drank it.

"Where's Brian?" Sam asked after seeing that Brian was not there.

"School. He was here earlier but you were asleep. And we won't be able to see you for a few days. We both have double shifts for a few days."

"Okay mom. It'll be fine. I have Danny if I get lonely."

Tracy kissed his head. "I got to go. Love you."

"Love you too mom."

Tracy then left and Sam looked over to See Danny awake and reading. "So your family going to be gone for a while to huh?"

"Yea she has double shifts also."

Sam nodded before looking at his books. His brow furrowed in confusion when he saw a box there that wasn't there before. He grabbed the box and looked at it. He read the note.

Sam,
I found your necklace for you. It was in your bottom drawer. Your welcome.
- Ceral

"Wow that was nice of Ceral." Sam said putting his skull necklace on.

"What was?"

"She found my necklace. I love this necklace."

Danny smiled at him. "That's great bud."

Danny you need to keep Sam in your sight after you leave. Someone is targeting you both. The voice said. Who are you? Danny thought. My name's Ace. Ace said. Okay Ace. What do we do? Danny thought. Keep him at your place. By your side at school. Ace said. Danny looked at Sam, who was reading. Okay. Danny thought. Do I tell him? Danny thought. Yes. He needs to know someone wants him dead. Ace said.

"Sam?"

"Yea?" Sam asked looking at him.

"I have to tell you something. Don't freak out. Just try to stay calm."

Sam put his book down at that. "What is it?"

"So there's this voice in my head. His name's Ace. He tells me stuff. He told me that there are people after us. He wants me to keep you close. Not let you out of my sight. Have you stay at my place for a while."

"So there are people after us? As in to kill us?" Sam asked.

"Yes." Danny said.

"Okay."

"So you don't think I've lost my mind?"

"No."

"Wow that's different."

"I know."

"Your not like other people."

"What you mean?"

"Well your kind, sweet, understanding, nice, um something I don't want to say, and brave."

" Wow. That's the first time someone besides Brian, gave me a compliment."

"Seriously?"

"Yea."

"Wow."

A nurse then entered. "Here's your guys' homework. Your friend Blake dropped it off."

"Thank you."

"Your welcome." The nurse left after handing the papers to them.

"Whose Blake?" Sam asked.

"A girl that actually pays attention to me."

"Ah. So who do you like? Her?"

"No I don't like her. She's just a friend."

"Then who do you like?"

"Um.............."

"Come on you can tell me."

No I can't. Danny thought.

Danny smiled at him. "Later?"