Chapter 6:

The next time Daniel woke it was morning. His eyes opened tiredly and then he looked at his mom.

"Hey sweety. Blake stopped by last night. She dropped off your homework. Also told me something."

"What's that?"

"That the boy you fought wasn't talking crap about you. He was talking crap about me and I am grateful you defended my honor."

"Of course I did. Your my mom and I love you."

"I love you too hon but I got to go to work."

"Okay ma."

Scarlet stood and leaned down and kissed his head. "I'll be back tonight."

"Okay mom."

Scarlet then left and Danny looked over at Sam to see Tracy stand and look at her phone. She went to Brian and shook him gently awake.

"Huh? Mom?'

"I have to go in a hour sweety."

"Okay mom." Brian sat up and looked at Sam. "Hopefully he wakes before you leave."

"Yea. Because you have to go to school today. Get your brothers assignments. Here's his schedule." Brian put it in his pocket.

For the next half hour Brian and Tracy talk about little things. Then Brian looks at Sam when he whimpers.

"Sam? Kid are you waking?"

Sam's eye fluttered before opening. He then started panicking and choking.

"Sam. Sammy calm down. It's to help you breathe."

Sam visibly calmed when he saw Brian.

"I'll get the doc." Tracy said before leaving.

A few minutes later the doc and Tracy came back in. The doc went over.

"Hi Sam I'm doctor Pohto. Now I'm going to take the tube out okay?" Sam nodded.

Doctor Pohto then took out the tube. "His throat will be sore for a couple days. He should drink plenty of water and he'll be okay."

"Thank you Doc."

"No problem." The doctor then put a nose tube on Sam before going over to Danny.

Tracy filled a glass with water and a straw then had Sam drink some.

"Thanks ma."

"No problem baby."

Brian combed Sam's hair. "You need a haircut kiddo."

Sam stuck out his tongue. Brian smiled.

"You need a brain Bri." Sam said.

"I have a brain thank you."

"Why don't you use it then?"

Brian stuck out his tongue. Sam smiled.

Danny looked up as the doctor came over.

"Hello Danny. How are you feeling? Any pain?"

" A little in my shoulder. Do you have something so I can do my homework?"

"Yea. I'll go get a clipboard and a pencil." The doc then left.

Danny sat up carefully wincing when he touched a bruise. The doc then came back in with a clipboard and pencil. He clipped the homework on and handed it to him.

"Thank you."

"No problem." The doc then left and Danny started his homework.

After thirty minutes Brian stood and kissed Sam's head. "I'll be back after school."

"Okay Bri."

"I got to get to work. When we get back we have to talk to you. Both of you." Tracy said. She kissed Sam's head before literally dragging Brian out of the room.

"I wonder why." Sam murmured.

"I don't know." Danny said. Sam jumped.

"Sorry. Didn't mean ta scare ya."

"It's okay. Probably should have known you were in here seeing that mom said both while looking at you."

"Yea. But it's fine. How do you feel?"

"I'm okay."

"That's good. I'm sorry they did that to you."

"Hey it was my choice to interfere. I had to save you. Your my new friend. My only friend if you don't count my over protective big brother."

Danny smiled. "Big brothers don't count. I think."

"You think?"

"Yea cause I wouldn't know since I don't have a brother."

"Ah. Yea I have only Brian. My over protective big brother."

" Well at least you have him."

"Not true Coldier. Your like my annoying little brother." Matt Tomb said smiling.

"Matt. Matt this is Sam. Sam this is my friend Matt. He owns the shop ' Tomb's guns.' He's been my friend since I moved here."

"So how long has that been?"

"Four years."

"Wow."

"Yea."

" If you ever go to his store and get cut blame him."

"Hey don't blame me!"

"Have you seen your store?"

"Yea so?"

"It's packed. And dangerous."

" But necessary."

"How so?" Sam asked.

"In case of a werewolf attack."

Danny rolls his eyes. "What ever Matt."

Matt sat beside him. "So how you feeling kid?"

"I feel fine." Danny said finishing his homework.

"Okay now I know your lyin'."

"Why would you think that?"

"'Cause when u feel like crap you use the word 'fine'."

"Wow you pay attention?"

"Every once in a while."

"Wow Matt."

"What"

"Don't you mean every once in a blue moon?"

"Haha very funny Coldier."