Chapter 10:

"I also watched as my brother suddenly shot up his eyes black. I saw him turn to me. He started for me but my brother got in the way and he drank him. Then he turned him. He looked at me and shook his head. Run he told me. And I did. I hid in the shed and later that night my brother found me and carried me into the house. As we entered the kitchen I saw my dad yelling at my eldest brother. My eldest brother killed him. To save me. He took me from my brother and kissed my head. He whispered that he's sorry but he has to leave to keep us alive. That was the last time I saw him. When I turned fourteen my brother turned me. Then some people killed him. So don't tell me I don't know how to act! 'Cause I do. I just don't care!" Matt said.

Sam gasped as he clawed weakly at his hands. Matt smiled and Sam saw fangs pop in place.

"Ever wonder why I only came in the night? Well it's because I'm a Night stalker."

Matt licked his lips as he smelt Sam's blood from underneath his skin. He leaned up and whispered in Sam's ear. " And I was sent here to kill you." Sam's eyes widened.

Matt then leaned down and sank his fangs into Sam's neck causing him to gasp. "D-Danny!!!!"

Danny then ran in. "Oh god!" He said as he noticed how pale Sam was turning. His eyes widened when he saw Sam's eyes roll into his head. "No!!!!!!!!!" He kicked at Matt.

Then Keith ran in. Keith's eyes narrowed and he took out a stake. Then stabbed Matt in the heart. Matt screeched before dissolving into ash. Danny caught Sam before he fell to the floor. He lifted him bridal style and laid him on his bed. Keith left to wet a cloth. Danny moved Sam's hair. "I'm so so sorry Sam."Danny said. He took the cloth when Keith came back and patted the bite. He then put the cloth on Sam's head. He laid on his side beside him.

"Keith? Is everyone gone?" Danny asked.

"Yeah. They all went home. And your ma went to work. Also said if you guys are up to it you can go to school tomorrow." Keith said.

Sam groaned. "Sam?"

Sam's eyes opened and he looked at Danny. "I'm sorry."

"No I am. For your phone and yelling at you. You were just outside and you had to answer Brian. He would be pretty worried why you wouldn't answer."

"Yeah. Hey Keith?"

"Yea?"

"Do you know who Matt's oldest brother is?"

Before Keith can answer the ashes of Matt started swirling in a circle before they formed a human form. Matt popped his arms.

"Well. I'm alive. But not to kill you Sam. To help keep you safe."

"Uh.........."

"I don't think that is a good idea."

"Oh please! It's a perfect idea! A Night Stalker on your side? It's brilliant!" Matt said.

"Okay then. I doubt that. After all you did try to kill him. What will stop you from trying again?"

" Because I don't want to. I want to protect him."

"That's just weird. Fine. But if you try again I'll kill you again and put your ashes in the sunlight so that once you come back you will immediately burn and die again." Keith said. Matt nodded.

" Deal." Matt said.

Sam yawned.

"We should go so the boys can rest."

Keith then grabbed Matt and they disappeared.

Sam looked at Danny then leaned up and kissed his cheek. "Thank you for saving me."

"Your welcome. I would do it again if I had to."

Sam smiled. Danny, not standing it anymore, leaned down and kissed Sam. Sam's eyes widened before closing and he starts kissing him back. Danny pulls back and leans his forehead against Sam's.

"You have no idea how much I wanted to do that." Sam smiled.

" Am I very tempting?"

"Oh yes. Along with beautiful. Very beautiful."

"I doubt the last part."

"Oh you do do you?"

"Yea. Very much."

"You sure?"

"Yea."

Danny leaned down and kissed Sam again. "You sure now?"

"Mmm? Yea."

"Grrr. Dang you."

Sam laughed. "We need to sleep."

Danny turned off the light and laid beside Sam. He yawned before kissing Sam's head. Then he laid down and closed his eyes. Sam laid there thinking. What if Matt's brother is a enemy? How will Matt act? Will he be able to kill his brother if it comes to it? Will he be able to survive the guilt?