Chapter 17:

Caleb sat up quickly sweat covering his forehead.

"Cal? Are you okay?"

"Something's wrong with the boys."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean something's wrong. I can feel it. I just don't know what it is."

"Caleb......"

"We have to get to them."

"Caleb you need to rest. Your arm isn't fully healed."

"I know but the kids-"

"Caleb your health is more important."

"Not if their lives in danger."

Matt sighed. "Cal...."

"Either come with me or don't Matt."

"Still as stubborn as you were growing up I see. All right let's go. Alice hold the shop for me."

"Got it." Alice called from the front of the store.

Caleb grabbed Matt's hand and teleported to Keilter's house. "Danny." He said.

He ran over and knelt beside Danny checking his pulse. "Oh thank god." He said when he found one. "Danny? Wake up kid. That's it."

"Caleb? Where's Sam?"

"What do you mean? Matt have you seen Sam around here?"

"No."

Caleb stood at that. "Stay there Danny."

He went to the living room and did a scan. "The one that attacked threw him there." He said pointing to the column. "They took him. God damn it!"

Keilter then came down. "I have people looking right now."

"Okay. At least people are........ Wait what did the guy look like?"

"Hold on. Len! Come here please."

  Len stood and went over. "Yes sir?"

"Describe the man you saw."

"Tall, blonde, red eyes, black suit."

Caleb repeated that in his head a couple times before his eyes widened.

"I know whose after them."

"Who?"

"My old master. Mikelo Delango. The guy he sent his name's Deo Melando. His lead demon."

"Crap. So do you know where they have him?"

"Yes."

"All right let's go."

In a dark room Sam was hanging from the Ceiling with chains locked around his wrists. His head laid on his chest as he slowly swung back and forth. Mikelo walked into the room and smiled. He went up to Sam.

"Give me a knife. I want to cut off this shirt."

Mikelo's daughter, Milenda, handed him the scapel.

"He's kinda young. And I can still feel his power growing."

"Aye he is sweetie. Why don't you go upstairs and make sure Leon's still alive."

"Yes daddy." Milenda turned on her heel and left the room.

Mikelo cut Sam's shirt off and threw the fabric to the side. He made his hands cold before running his hands over Sam's chest. Sam shivered and Mikelo smiled.

"Wake up Sam." He slapped Sam's face.

Sam's eyes fluttered before opening and he looked up.

"Who are you?" Sam asked weakly.

"Oh my name's Mikelo. I'm the one that wants you and your boyfriend dead."

"Why? What did we do?"

"Oh Sam. It's not your fault. It's just that you'll be stronger then me so I have to kill you."

"Why? We wouldn't go after you."

"Oh I know. But just you being stronger will make........well stronger friends."

"Alias."

"Excuse me?"

"The word is alias."

"Well aren't you a smart one."

"So? Why didn't you just have him kill me?"

"Because I want to."

Mikelo then smiled evilly before plunging a knife into Sam's stomach. Sam gasped. Mikelo twisted it causing Sam to scream. Mikelo smiled at the sound. Then Matt, Caleb, Keilter, and Danny appeared. Danny went up to Sam.

"Sam baby? Open your eyes."

Sam lifted his head. "Dan..."

"Hey baby. Hang on we are going to get you down."

Danny stepped back so he can catch Sam when he falls. He nodded to Keilter. Keilter broke the chains and Sam fell into Danny. Danny caught him and looked over at Caleb and Matt.

  Mikelo hit Caleb before throwing him into Matt. He grabbed the knife from where he dropped it. He faced them.
"One stab with this Caleb and you'll die. If I get you in the right place."

"Not if you can't get near me."

"Yes but you would do anything for Matt."

Matt's eyes widened when he said that. "Don't you dare jump in front of me Cal."

"Matt. I won't lose you after just getting you back. I can't."

"But you can't end up getting yourself killed just to save me."

"I will if it keeps you alive."

And at that remark Mikelo tried to stab Matt in the stomach only to have Caleb get in the way. He fell to his knees holding his stomach.

"Caleb!!!!!!!!!!!" Matt yelled catching Caleb as he fell back.

"Wait your a Night Stalker. You can't die by a stab to the stomach."

"Actually since I have demon blood in me....... I can die like a human. And that includes being stabbed in the stomach."

And to add to the point Caleb's eyes rolled up and he went limp in his brother's arms. His head fell back and over Matt's elbow.

"Cal?"

Matt put two fingers to Caleb's neck.

"No........No no no no!!!!!!" Matt sobbed. "CALEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" He laid his head on Caleb's chest and sobbed.