Chapter 12:

Brian's eyes widened at that.

I don't think of you as a fag Sam.

Yes you do or you wouldn't of called me a fag. So that's how I know what you really think. But it's fine. I understand.

Understand what Sam?

That you want a different brother. You don't want a fag of a brother. Maybe sometime you can actually have that. Instead of what I am.

Sam! Why would you think that?

How many times have you said it?

What? Said what Sam?

That you wish you had a different brother.

I never said that!

Yea you did. When we were livin' in Kansas. You'd always say that you wished you had a different brother. Then you told me that you had found a new brother.

Who?

Lokie.

Lokie?

Lokie Anders.

Oh him.

Yea him.

So what's your point exactly?

You said you found a better brother. One that is better then me. One that is straight. One that isn't goth. One that is better then I have been. And your right. I'm a bad brother. I'm a bad person. I'm worthless.

Fine if you want to think that.

Tell me the truth. How do you really feel?

You want the truth?

Yes.

I can't stand you. You are a worthless stupid fag. Someone that doesn't even deserve to live. I had found a better brother. One that is better then you. Way better. He was straight he wasn't goth. One that was a way better brother. He has always been there for me. You never were. You are a bad brother. You are a bad person. You are worthless and I hope you kill yourself!!!!!!!! I wish you died!!!!! It's your fault I'm here!!!!!! If you weren't born I would still be in Kansas! Mom would have a better job! I can enjoy being young! But no! You screwed up everything!!!!! You ruined my life!!!!!!!!! I hate you!!!!!!!

Sam read that. Then smiled.

Then I guess I should show you something.

What?

Sam rolled up his right sleeve and showed his forearm.

Brian's eyes widened. "No..........Please tell me you didn't do that because of me?"

Sam's eye brows furrowed in confusion. "Why are you acting like you care?"

"I do care!"

Sam rolled his eyes.

"Mr. Miels!!!!!! You both have detention at Lunch."

Sam sighed before pulling his sleeve down and laying his head in his arms. Brian was staring at him.

Why'd you do it?

Sam looked at it.

You told me to kill myself I tried.

Who found you?

Dad........

Oh.....

I'll do it again though and succeed this time. So you'll be happy.

Okay. Maybe I'll even find a better brother again.

Sam nodded before laying his head in his arms again. Brian put the paper in Sam's binder then started writing notes on the lesson.

Sam stood when the bell rang and grabbed his backpack. He then left and went to his locker. He unlocked it and put his math book in there. Then he took out his schedule and looked at it. "Please tell me you have Science next."

"No. History."

"Damn."

"You'll be okay."

"I know." Sam grabbed his Science book and locked his locker.

He unlocked Danny's and got his book out. He handed it to him.

"How's your arm?" Danny asked.

"Pain pills faded so in pain." Sam said.

Danny leaned down and kissed Sam. "I'm sorry."

"How many times do I have to tell you? I chose to interfere. And I would do it any time."

"I know."

Sam shook his head. Then headed to Mrs. Anderson's class. He entered and went to the back. He sat down and took out his binder. He opened it and saw the note. Sam shook his head and turned the paper. Then got out his pen and started writing what the board said to. He then opened his book and started reading the assigned chapter. He wrote down notes to the chapter in his book. He then read ahead in the next chapter and took notes on those too. He sighed. He then started drawing on a piece of paper. He looked up when the door opened and a really tall kid entered.

The kid was maybe six feet seven inches, had dark brown hair, and light blue eyes. He looked at Sam and his eyes turned black then back to light blue. Oh god he's one of them. Sam thought.

"Okay Mr. Tomb you can go and sit beside Sam in the back."

The kid then went to the back and sat beside Sam. Sam was fidgety the rest of the class period and he would spare a glance at the kid.