Ch 5: The Hiryuu Legend

Yona Pov.

I sighed softly as I entered the priest's house after dark.

I really shouldn't let my anger get the best of me...

I looked over at Yoon as he grinded some herbs together before stepping over to him. "Yoon...I'm sorry for snapping at you earlier" I apologized softly as I sat behind him, making him jump a bit. I watched as he slowly turned around to face me, but avoided looking me in the eye as he rubbed the back of his head. "No, you had every right to snap at me...I shouldn't have said the things I have said, even after you thanked me.." He apologized softly. I smiled as he blushed lightly before giggling.

"...You said you didn't know why Ik-soo was driven away from the castle, right?" 

I nodded as I crossed my legs underneath me. "Well, for one, he was exiled when he was still a young priest in-training...The temple was destroyed and many people were arrested and punished" He explained as he looked at the ground. I let the information soak into my brain before ushering him to continue.

"...Long ago, priests held a lot of authority that not even the king could oppose."

"Wow, even the king?" I whistled lowly in awe. "Yeah. The priests were revered as the Messengers of God..." I listened as Yoon finished his explanation on why Ik-soo was banished from Hiryuu Castle.

Wow, I even share the last name of a castle. That's priceless...

"So that's why this Yu-hon person drove them out..." I muttered as I looked down at the ground.

"But I can tell that you guys are living okay."

Yoon nodded.

"Yeah, it's not that hard to take care of a clumsy priest" he proclaimed, making me giggle.

"Well, that's good."

I smiled softly at the strawberry blonde as I brought my knees to my chest and hugged them. "I'm glad that you told me this... Please tell me more from here on out..." I mumbled before falling into a light sleep.

*

I gasped myself awake as I realized something -or rather someone- was missing.

I quickly got out of the futon I was laying in before running out of the house after looking at Hak's empty futon.

I gritted my teeth as I searched the surrounding forest before stopping at a small creek, tears slowly building up in my eyes.

Why the hell am I crying..?

"Stupid asshole...!" I shouted out as I sat on the ground, defeated.

"Who's a 'stupid asshole'..?"

I looked up and blinked in surprise as Hak leaned over me, his bladed spear in his hand. My eyes widen as a smile graced my lips before turning around and wrapped my arms around his waist, hugging him lightly since he was still injured. "Thank god!" I exclaimed softly as I buried my face in his chest. I giggled waterly as Hak lost his balance, making us both fall backwards, me being on top of him.

I lifted myself off of him and looked up at him as he looked down at me. I glared at him and brought my face closer to his before head butting him.

"Ow~! Is your head made out of iron?!"

"What the hell was that for?!"

"...For making me so damn worried! Why are you even out here?!" I cried out after a short pause.

"I was looking for my-"

"With those kind of injuries?! You know, for a moment, I thought you died!"