Ch 8: Knowing Kija

Yona Pov.

"Yoon are you crying?" I questioned curiously as I heard the strawberry blonde sniffle. I gave him an innocent smile as he looked over his shoulder to glare at me. Snickering slightly, I brushed a stray tear away from his eyes as he rubbed under his nose and grumbled about how annoying I am. I gave him another smile before turning towards the Hakuryuu, my head tilted to the side a bit.

"Hey, hey. I just realized we don't know your name!" I proclaimed as I pointed at him childishly. "My name?" He questioned. I nodded. "I see....My name is Kija" he informed with a very happy smile. I blinked as I heard Yoon yell and looked behind me.

Hak was being chased up a tree again by Yoon as said blonde held his bag above his head, getting ready to throw it at the beast. I chuckled at them before calling for Yoon.

"Do you know where we go now?" I questioned him as I took the map out of his bag. "Not really..." He muttered. I frowned a bit as I looked at the map before looking up at Kija as he tapped me on the shoulder. "Yes Kija?" I questioned curiously as he looked down at me, his dragon hand over his chest. "If you're looking for the other dragons, I can help" he informed. I raised an eyebrow at him and tilted my head to the left.

"How so?" I questioned as I folded the map and put it back into Yoon's back again. "The other dragons and I are connected, kind of like siblings if you would say. We can sense each other even if we have been separated for a centuries, our blood would still call for one another" Kija informed. I blinked rapidly as I gave him a bright smile.

"That's freakin' awesome!!" I exclaimed in awe as I clapped my hands together. I watched as his pale face flushed a light pink with awestruck eyes. "Who would have thought that you would be this handy..." I heard Yoon mutter as we turned around and started to make our way down the mountain.

"Oh great white snake, show us the way" Hak proclaimed in his usual nonchalant tone as he followed after me. I chuckled softly as Kija shouted out he wasn't a snake before hearing his footsteps as he started to follow after us. I shook my head amusedly as I listened to Hak and Kija as they started to go back and forth before looking up at the bright blue sky.

"Let's take a break here."

I stopped in my tracks and looked towards my left as I spotted a pond a few paces away from the road. I quietly made my way over to it and sat down next to it before taking my sandals off and dipped them into the cool water.

"Ah, this is wonderful" I sighed out blissfully as I closed my eyes and enjoyed the warmth of the sun. When I had opened them, I glanced over at my three companions as one of them prepared for lunch, while the other two continued to argue. I softly sighed in annoyance as I stood to my feet before making my way over to the two beasts.

As I stood next to them, I watched as they went back and forth before finally bringing my fists up and punched them both in their chins.

"Hak, leave the poor man alone! It's pretty obvious that's he's okay at the moment so he doesn't need you pestering him about him leaving his village...And Kija. Don't mind Hak, he's just an asshole that likes to pick on people" I proclaimed boredly before stifling a yawn as Yoon asked Kija were the Seiryuu is.

I chuckled at him as Kija answered him before proclaiming an answer to Hak's teasing, stating that he wasn't scared before watching him as he fell into a trench.

"What are there-?! Who gave them permission to-?! No! Not a another ste- NO!!"

"Lord Hakuryuu will now be following us at the back of the line" Yoon suddenly proclaimed, making me laugh my heart out at his bored expression. "Come on so we can help him out" I ushered as I brought my laugh down into chuckles. With an amused face, I walked over to the trench and jumped down in it.