A chance meeting

-----------------Izzy's PoV----------------

I was sitting in my seat in the airplane, waiting to take off. I wasn't sure what was taking them so long, and I wasn't the only one, judging by the people around me. Just then, a girl rushed down the aisle, she had clearly been running (she was out of breath, had several scuff marks on her shoes, and her hand luggage was dirty with the marks splashing in one direction, as if it had been dropped several times at some speed). She looked strangely like me, same dark, curly hair, pale skin and dark eyes. Interesting. She plonked herself down in the seat next to me.

"Hi, I'm Cecilia", she said breathlessly ,
"Sorry if I held up the plane for too long."

Oh brilliant. I was stuck with this for 8 hours. I put my headphones on (red beats, only the best) and looked out of the window as the plane took off.

---------------Cecilia's PoV--------------

The girl put on her headphones (damn, she had a good taste in headphones) and looked out of the window. I sighed. Private school girl, that was for certain. As slowly and quietly as I could, I touched the edge of her seat. Warm. She was punctual. I glanced at her open bag. Neat. She was organised (and had brilliant taste in books). So...strict home. I could see pointe shoes wrapped in their ribbons in there, she was a dancer. That was all I could deduce for now. Her face was strangely guarded, she could be thinking anything now, and I wouldn't know. Smart girl. Then something changed in her eyes. She turned to face me and smiled.

"I'm Izzy", she said, holding out her hand.
"Don't worry, it wasn't too long."

---------------Izzy's PoV------------------

She had been deducing me. I knew it. SHE COULD DEDUCE! I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE! So, time to return the  favour. Her hair was messy, she had been rushed-so not used to getting up early, meaning public school. No one had woken her up-slack home. Either that or parents away, probably older sibling/s tricking her into being late. Most likely the latter. Large dog, hairs all the way up her jeans. I wondered what it was that gave her the ability to deduce, with a home as slack as that. But then, none of my family could deduce, so it wasn't that much of a surprise. Her jeans were torn around the knees, and the edges of the tears were stained slightly green-she climbed trees a lot. Possibly to escape the afore mentioned older sibling/s. Anyway, she seemed nice enough.

---------------Cecilia's PoV--------------

The next three hours passed quickly, and we slipped into easy conversation. As it turned out, we had very similar tastes. We liked the same books, as it turned out, she was reading one I finished yesterday. We liked our coffee the same (black, two sugars) and found school boringly easy. Of course, when we looked at our watches and saw it was midnight, we agreed to stop talking and try to catch some z's. Key word, try. Izzy seemed to have the uncanny ability to fall asleep with the click of her fingers. I took a while, but eventually I drifted off.