Mysterious Disappearances

-----------------Izzy's PoV----------------

It was the last day of the second week of spring term when things started to go missing. We awoke to a piercing shriek echoing down the corridor. Pulling on my dressing gown, I practically flew out the door and down the stairs to see a petite, Asian girl clutching her hair and crying on the floor.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" I asked, kneeling down next to her.

"My- my necklace. Its missing!"
The girl's chest heaved.
"It was the- the last thing gr-grandma gave me before she- she-"
She broke down completely. I put an arm around her, patting her back and hugging her, promising that she'd find it soon. All the while, making a plan.

...

One week later and it hadn't stopped. Hannah knew nothing about it and was extremely bothered by this fact, almost to the point of ripping her hair out. I was worried that she would start torturing her employees for information if nothing came up soon. Cecilia and I had taken to investigating the scenes of the disappearances before the teachers came and disturbed everything. Cecilia asked questions while I, having the neater handwriting, wrote it all down. The list so far was:

Vicky Chang: 1x jade necklace
Samuel Davidson: 3x first edition  doctor who box sets
Anna Winchester: 1x fluffy bird named 'Grace'
Newt Sangster: 2x running shoes, red
Zena Maxxer: 8x fake pearl bracelets
Rose Tyler: 1x blue money box, empty

The only thing that the items had in common was that they all held some kind of emotional meaning, not necessarily actual value. And whoever the thief was, they were either naturally talented, had experience, or was a ghost (all the school ghosts thoroughly denied this, and Peeves had been locked in a ghost proof cage for the past month).
All of the robberies happened at different times of day, a lunch break here, a night there, there was no pattern of any sort to any of them.

"Please say you'll find it? I honestly don't know what I'd do if it was lost for good."

I wrenched myself out of my mind fortress and back to the stocky blonde girl with a tear streaked face in front of me (Rose Tyler, lost money box). I smiled and nodded, an automated response now. Cecilia jerked her head towards the door and I followed her out. As soon as we entered our dorm she fell onto her bed and let out and aggravated groan.

"Keep your hair on, Cecibubble, our thief is bound to make a mistake sometime soon."

"Shut up."

I smiled at my sister's mood and shouldered my satchel.

"Be back in a bit Cecil!"

"Shut up and don't call me Cecil. "

I laughed and blew her a kiss for good measure before shutting the door with a flick of my long black hair.

At the bottom of the tower, I was intercepted by J, still wearing his sunglasses. I ignored the idiots he called his friends, who were obviously hiding behind a suit of armour, filming.

"Umm... Hi Izzy..."

"Hello J, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Well... I was wondering if... Do you maybe want to go on a date this weekend? In Hogsmead?"

I paused, processing the information and searching his body language for loopholes or evidence of a prank (other than the idiots who were still behind the armour). J looked slightly panicked.

"I mean if you don't want to that's-"

"J, chill. I'd love to."

I turned and carried on walking down the corridor.

This lucky girl had a date.

---------------Cecilia's PoV--------------

Forgive me if I wasn't the happiest person in the world. The case was going nowhere, and I was in half a mind to call Sherlock and John up here just to speed thing up again. I had a mountain of homework and none of it could be put off any longer. So I busied myself with Transfiguration and Defence against the dark arts for and hour until-

Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more

The familiar chords of Kansas' Carry on Wayward Son came blaring out of my phone, still on my bedside table. I tried desperately to reach it from across the bed, but only succeeded in spilling my homework across the floor and falling over. Eventually I managed to summon the willpower to shuffle a few feet closer to the table and grab my phone without dropping it.

"Hello?"

"Cecilia, get your lazy posterior down to Hufflepuff dorm 82E"
Izzy sounded ecstatic about this, but I couldn't see her reasoning particularly.

"What's got you so happy?"

"This time, there's a witness."

I hung up without further delay and almost skipped out of the door, homework forgotten for the time being. There were few crowds in the corridors, everyone was out watching the quidditch, so our thief must have thought it a good time to strike. Izzy must have told a Hufflepuff to wait by the door, because I was ushered in and up some stairs without having to guess the passcode. I was shown to a dorm containing Izzy with her black notebook and pen in hand and a small first year boy holding back tears sitting on a mustard yellow rug. This might be hard. I sat down next to him making my voice as gentle and soothing as possible.

"What's your name?"

He looked at me with huge, blue puppy eyes.
"My name is Michael Bane."
He spoke with a New York accent, but his words were clear and had no trace of tears.

"Well, Michael, I'm Cecilia and this is Izzy, we're going to ask you some questions about what you saw, ok?

Michael nodded.

"Can you describe the person you saw?

"I only saw the back, but they were big and had dark hair. I came in as they jumped out of the window."

"Was it a boy or a girl?"

Michael shrugged.

"What did they take?"

"They took my sketchbook. It belonged to my Aunty Clary, but she gave it to me when I came here."

Izzy nodded, getting this all down.

"Do you think you'd be able to recognise the person if you saw them again?"

"I don't think so. I only saw them for a second."

I nodded my head in understanding.

"Thank you, Michael. We'll get your sketchbook back for you."

Izzy and I came out of the Hufflepuff rooms and made our way to Charms, which we shared with the Gryffindors. I was distinctly happier than previously. We didn't have much to go on, but it ruled out about half of the school with the dark hair thing.

And anyway, Sherlock has solved disappearances with less, so why shouldn't we be able to?

Yay!
I updated! Finally! In less than a week! Are you impressed? You should be! Also has anyone seen Spectre yet? Amazing! Andrew Scott much? Just ignore me, I'm in fangirl mode. Love you all my mini marshminions!
Kisses,
Tiger xx