Unexpected Guests

-----------------Izzy's PoV----------------

"Okay, first things first, we need solid evidence that Phoenix is the murderer."

"Indeed."

"But we also need to make sure he suspects nothing."

"Yup."

"And before all that happens, I need to leave for my date with J."

"Sure - wait - what?"

"Got to go, see you later!"

"IZZY!"

But I was already out of the door. I ran downstairs, out of the archway round the corner, and collided with a man standing just outside Ravenclaw tower. I found myself lying on the floor, rubbing my head and looking up at the concerned face of-

"Sherlock?"

"Oh. Hello Izzy. Have they gotten rid of the no running rule? I was just trying to deduce this painting to find out the passcode."

"Umm... You just answer a question now. I don't think that they have ever had a no running rule. I have to go... Bye!"

I dashed off. What the hell was Sherlock doing in Hogwarts after, like, twenty five years? Was John here too? Had they told John about his wizarding past? Had John and Sherlock done the dirty in one of the rooms? No! Bad brain! We do not think those things! Oh, look at that, I've been knocked to the ground again.

I looked up for the second time in a good five minutes to see not Sherlock but-

"Oh. My. God. Phoenix I am so sorry I didn't mean to-"

I hung my head, avoiding eye contact, I'll admit I was slightly fearing for my life here.

"Don't worry about it."

I raised an eyebrow at that. Did Phoenix speak... nicely? I noticed the person he was with for the first time. Not Hannah, for once, but a boy with a sweet face and bright turquoise hair. As I looked his hair changed to platinum blonde, then inky black, before settling on a shade of bright red. A metamorphmagus. Phoenix had his arm thrown casually over the boy's shoulders, but tight enough to say 'back off, this one is mine'. To my surprise, I found myself shipping it. The boy must have noticed my surprise because he stuck out his hand saying:

"Hey, I'm Teddy Lupin. I'm sorry, are you Cecilia or Izzy? I've heard so much."

"Izzy. Phoenix, you never told me that you have a boyfriend, or anything about your life outside of 'work'."

I could almost hear Phoenix growl at that comment, but Teddy placed a reassuring had on his shoulder. Phoenix took a deep breath and said in quieter tones:

"Look, Hannah doesn't need to know about this okay? Really. I'd get hell. Not for being gay, she has two dads, but for not focusing all my attention on her. Swear?"

Something in my heart nearly started melting, then I realised this was a murderer I was dealing with. I said a brief-

"I swear."

-and walked off. I was actually walking this time, I had crashed into enough people today. And with no further incidents, I reached the main entrance to Hogwarts, where J was waiting. He led me to a clearing beautifully laid out with a picnic on the ground. We chatted and laughed and everything was great. Until a fairy stole my bag.

"Dammit you little tinker! Give my bag back!"

The fairy made little chiming sounds as it flew away, and I chased after it. I was lead further around the grounds until I eventually regained my possessions. I walked back and stopped in my tracks.

J was there.

On the mat.

Kissing Poppy Parkinson.

On the lips.

And not stopping.

What would you do?

I ran.

And I didn't look back.

---------------Cecilia's PoV--------------

Okaaaayyy... So Sherlock was here now.
This wasn't weird.
He was currently sitting on my bed looking through his old diary. It was fascinating watching him, occasionally he would raise his eyebrows at something, or suck in a breath. Eventually, he looked up at me.

"This used to be my bed. I shared the room with a kid called Kevin Tran. Hated him. He got a room change after one term."

I nodded in understanding. If Izzy hadn't been my dorm mate, that would've happened to me.

"So what news do you have on the case? That's why I'm here."

Sherlock's attention was solely on me now, all distractions forgotten. I passed him Izzy's notebook.

"The description we were given was 'big with dark hair' but we're pretty sure the culprit is Phoenix Malfoy from Slytherin. It all fits. Izzy did take a picture of the body, but it's on her phone."

And speak of the devil...

"THAT LYING FUCKTRUCK CHEATED ON ME!"

Sherlock raised an eyebrow, unused to Izzy's theatrics.

"Date didn't go well then, I presume?" He asked.

Izzy whirled round and pointed her finger at him.

"Shut up and go bang your boyfriend, cheekbones. I'm going to go do target practice."

Izzy fished her gun out from under her pillow and left as quickly as she had arrived. Sherlock looked up at me again.

"Do you know where she's going?"

"Yup."

"Is she going to shoot anyone?"

"Just the trees."

"Should we follow her?"

"Do you want a bullet in the brain?"

"Okay, no then."

Sherlock and I continued to go over the details of the case for a few hours. We agreed that it was statistically more likely to be Phoenix Malfoy than anyone else, we shouldn't rule everyone else out. Izzy the walked back in and flopped herself onto her bed, changing the cartridge in her beretta in 10 seconds flat, and hissing at it when she didn't beat her (quite impressive) record of 8.62 seconds. She picked up her phone, entered the passcode and chucked it at us. The picture of Michael Bane's corpse was already on screen. Eventually, Sherlock concluded our discussion.

"John will get worried if I don't Skype him soon. And plus, he may have already tried to contact me. You did set up WiFi here right?"

I gave him the WiFi passcode and sent him on his way to Skype his true love. Izzy was already snoring.

DUN DUN DUNNNNN THE GOOD SHIP #JAZZY HAS HIT THE ROCKS!!!
Guess who finally updated! Sorry about the wait, I've been busy. I went to see Billy Elliot, oh my god it was AMAZING!!! That kid was so good at dancing, but they did swear a fair bit. Oh well. Also this chapter is dedicated to katewing who better be grateful, I had to change the ending for you. And for drawing Hannah Moran and Phoenix Malfoy. Love you girl.
Carry on my wayward fangirls.
Tiger xx