Another one bites the dust

-----------------Izzy's PoV----------------

When I got to the crime scene - a dorm in the Slytherin dungeons - Cecilia was already there, probably because she didn't have to climb down a flagpole to get there. Note to self: flagpoles are not comfortable places to sit- especially when you're trailing a possible murderer. Professor Granger had made another force field-y thing around the crime scene, and she lifted it when she saw me. I went and stood next to my sister.

"Details?" I asked.

"The victim's name is Ola Jordan. She was in the year above us. Slytherin house. Last seen alive rushing after Poppy Parkinson after you made your little acting debut in the great hall. No siblings, fairly popular, parents currently in Africa."

"Method of killing?"

"See for yourself."

I walked over to the bed where the body was lying, and it was obvious how she died. The entire front of the chest was a bloody mess, but upon peeling back away the shirt a bit you could see:

Silly Girls

I stepped back, feeling sick to my stomach. Cecilia looked at me with understanding in her eyes.

"Time of death?" I managed to whisper.

"It would have taken about ten minutes for her to die, and when we found her, we think she'd been dead for about fifteen minutes. So, we're looking at about half past six."

She lowered her voice a little.

"Do we still think it's Phoenix?"

I thought for a bit. Then shook my head.

"I'd been trailing Phoenix since I left the Great Hall, and not once had he gone anywhere near the Slytherin dorms."

Back to square one I guess.

At that moment, Sherlock burst into the room and saw us. He ran over, asking all the same questions as I had. Cecilia handed him the notebook. He nodded a thank you and then said:

"Girls, the ministry operatives are going to be here in a few minutes, and if they see that we're letting children into the crime scene they could take the case out of our hands. I'll meet you in your dorm in a few minutes."

He ushered us out despite our protests, and we made our way back to Ravenclaw tower. I sat on my bed with my head in my hands.

"What have we managed to get ourselves into now, Cecy?" I asked.

She replied after a slight pause.

"I don't know. But there's no backing out now."

---------------Cecilia's PoV--------------

It was about half an hour later when Sherlock burst through the door. He then proceeded to drag an abnormally large whiteboard through the door as well. Izzy emerged from the bathroom a few seconds later and screamed:

"OH MY GOD SHERLOCK HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF KNOCKING I'M NOT EVEN WEARING MAKE UP ANYMORE AND WHY IS THERE A WHITEBOARD?!"

She looked between me and Sherlock expectantly, as if I might possibly know why Sherlock just brought us a whiteboard the size of the Times Square billboard.

"This," Sherlock said with a flourish,"is how we're going to catch our murderer. Do we still have Mr Malfoy as our prime suspect?"

I shook my head.

"Izzy was trailing him after the nuclear explosion that happened in the Great Hall. He was nowhere near the Slytherin common rooms at the time of the murder. He was... what was he doing?"

I turned my head towards Izzy, who had been staring at the board very intently and had only just realised I was talking to her. She snapped back to attention with an almost audible click.

"What? Oh! Well... he was having a bit of a... face battle with his boyfriend."

Sherlock suddenly became very interested.

"Face battle is an interesting way of putting it. And he has a boyfriend?"

"Mmhhmm."

"No, he has a boyfriend."

"You would be surprised who can get into relationships."

That conversation ended there before Izzy could go off on a tangent again. Sherlock outlined the plan to us, which took up until about eight o'clock, and we set up the room appropriately. By the time we had finished, you could see our dorm room from every angle on monitors in the utility cabinet next to our room.

The plan would work perfectly.

And we would have ourselves a murderer by the end of tomorrow.

If, of course, everything went according to plan.

If it doesn't go perfectly.

It'll be messy.

Oooooooooooooh cliffhanger.
So, next chapter should be the last one, I might add in an epilogue for good measure. Afterwards, I have a couple of ideas for a story, but nothing usable yet. This chapter is dedicated to two people.

A) Chaserjinx8065 because she really needs to update, and thank you for the cover.

B)katewing because I've missed her and I'm glad she's back.

I might also add in various ideas that I've had over the course of this book, because some of them are quite funny.

Peace out

Sparky xx