Chapter Three - Score!

Follow @Sweetdreamer13 because she makes good covers, (unfortunately not the one for this story) but I have seen her work so if anyone needs a cover, follow her. Anyway here's chapter three, enjoy!

--------------------

Chapter Three

I had officially been in the hospital for too long, (about a week which is long enough for me). It was getting kind of lonely even though Zack visited a few times and mom came once too, I was definitely ready to get out. The doctors gave me the all clear and told me I had to come back for a few check ups but other than that, I was all good. I got a cab home and called my parents who were conveniently out, to tell them I was home and fine. Next on my agenda was to call Zack over.

Ten minutes later and Zack and I were chilling on my couch watching the NBA.

"So, what have I missed this past week?" I asked as I took a few nachos from the bag.

"Rachel has been asking about you way too much dude." He shook his head laughing.

"Really? Thought she wasn't interested."

"Brad, you were in hospital, I just think she was checking if you were still alive."

"Haha sure, like sh-"

"Yeah! Go Lakers! Kobe is in his game today!" He cheered, "Oh sorry Brad you were saying?"

"Doesn't matter, come on lets enjoy the rest of the game. And later I will kill you at NBA2K."

"Oh, it's on!"

So we carried on the day like that and of course I stuck to my promise and absolutely thrashed him on the game 105-32! What can I say, I'm just a pro like that.

***

It was a new day for me and it was straight back to school so definitley time to put my plan in action, I was going to get my girl very soon.

I entered the school heading straight to Rachels locker to wait for her to come and get her books and I was right on cue because the moment I got into place, she turned into the corridor.

I decided to go for the cocky approach, "Hey hot stuff, did you miss me?" I shot her a wide smile, hoping she wouldn't dwell too much on my cheesy comment.

She did this cute little giggle and replied, "Hey, how are you feeling?"

"Well I have a few battle wounds but I will survive, have to go back tonight though." I rolled my eyes trying not to make it sound like a big deal, (which of course it wasn't to me but she didn't need to know that).

She laughed but then turned serious. "Look I'm really sorry. I didn't mean for things to get so out of hand."

"You know what, I think we should call it quits hey. Lets just forget about the whole thing." I held my hand out for her to shake and she did so, "Anyway I'm sorry for my attitude in the parking lot, I guess I let my 'stupid crush' get to my head." I laughed as I remembered Zack telling me what she had said to him in the hospital.

"What, Zack told you that!?" She was clearly shocked.

"Whatever Rachel relax! I told you lets forget it." That seemed to put her a little bit at ease as she got ready to say something else, seemingly more important than what we had just been conversing about.

"Actually Brad, I have done some thinking and if the offer still stands, sure I will go out with you. You're not who I thought you were."

Yes! That was easier than I thought. But the last comment kind of threw me, "And who did you think I was?" I tried not to sound overly curious.

She grew impatient. "That doesn't matter, look are we going out or not, my acceptance doesn't last forever."

"Wait, I thought you were with Zack?" I asked feigning a suspicious look. I had to find out if she was an honest person.

"Well I er, we weren't really-" That's a pass.

"Haha relax! Zack told me the whole story back in the hospital it's fine." She let out a sigh of relief. Now was my chance, I had to trick her into being my girlfriend, "Well see you later-girlfriend." I winked at her, gave it a second for her to make any objections and when she didn't, I left before she changed her mind. It was a long shot, but it had payed off.

Score! I can't believe she went for that! Well my plan had succeeded and I was ready and looking forward to being a boyfriend again, it would certainly be interesting.

I had to tell Zack the news. I practically skipped to the locker rooms to get ready for football practice. "Hey Zack, guess what?" He just shrugged with confusion. "I just got Rachel to agree to be my girlfriend!"

His face lit up and he grabbed me and pulled me into a big man hug. "Dude, I knew you could do it! Nice one. But how? She hasn't dated for ages, don't you think that was a little too easy considering she rejected you last week and you haven't spoken since?"

"I don't know, maybe she has changed her mind like I have."

"Maybe. Good for you anyway. I'm happy for you." Although he was unnecessarily suspicious, he genuinely seemed happy for me.

"I know, I am so happy. Don't tell anyone though, I don't think Rachel wants it public yet."

"Sure, dude my lips are sealed." He said as he did the zip action across his lips.

***

"Brad, congratulations on getting with Rachel, she is a tough one to crack." Max was just one of the guys who had approached me already. By the time training was over, the whole team had caught wind of my good news and were congratulating me on it. So much for Zack keeping his lips sealed. I headed over to him to find out what was going on.

"Zack, what happened to keeping Rachel and I on the down low? The whole team knows!"

"Well I er, might have let slip to one or two of the guys but I promise, didn't tell everyone. They must've spread it between themselves, it's quite the achievment you know." Note to self: don't tell Zack anything you don't want the world to know.

"Yeah but when Rachel finds out everyone knows, you're the one to blame."

He lifted his hands in surrender, "Yeah, yeah totally! Guilty as charged."

I laughed at that, his sense of humor is what made us so compatible, we are so similar and that's why we are best buds. Anyway enough about Zack, it was lunch and I really wanted to go and see my new girlfriend Rachel."Zack, I'm going to sit with Rachel at lunch so you don't have to look for me."

He nodded then I headed to the cafeteria and got my lunch then I searched the place for the cheerleaders table. I spotted the unmistakeable face of my new girlfriend and headed over there.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and she screeched and turned around. She looked up at me, shocked until she registered that it was me. I put on my best British accent and greeted her, "Hello beautiful."

She let out that little giggle that she seems to make whenever I speak and replied, "Hey Brad." The other girls told me to join them so I took my spot next to Rachel and tapped my cheek ready so she leant over and pecked it. I thought, I could get used to this.

We spent the next forty-five minutes chatting and having a laugh and I had a great time. It had been a long time since I was last in a relationship and I was loving this new one already even if it wasn't quite official.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey, things are going to happen in a couple of chapter, just hold on. Tell me what you thought of this one!

Picture of Zack on the side ----->

Paula :)