Chapter Seven - The Truth Is Out

Chapter Seven

Next morning, I was on cloud nine! I finally felt like Rachel and I had bonded and she had opened up more towards me. I found out a lot about her, she loved Britney Spears but now she's into One Direction and she thinks Justin Bieber is hot which is not what I expected. She loves Ben and Jerry's cookie dough ice cream which is my favourite too. It was a great night in all and I hadn't got her off my mind since she left my house earlier in the morning. Lucky for me, there was a freshman party in a pretty good club that Rachel and her friends would be attending so we could catch up there. Unfortunately, TJ couldn't come so I was stuck with just Zack. I loved him really but you can't just be stuck with the same friend all the time right.

This time I opted for smart casual, wearing a black buttoned down shirt with the top three buttons open and a pair of fitted blue trousers, not baggy but not tight, just how I like them. I was running late and I still had to pick up Zack so I left the house as soon as I was changed.

I stood under the roof of Zack's porch and as I was about to ring the bell but he pulled the door open before I could. He seemed to have made an effort! His usually unruly blonde hair was actually styled to contrast the fact that he was wearing his usual leather biker jacket and faded jeans with a pair of aviators hung on his grey t-shirt.

"Dude, lose the glasses, its 9:00." I said, motioning to the deep navy sky above.

"Oh yeah, silly me." He took them off his top and flung them into the bushes. I looked at him quizzically. "What? I'll find them there when I get back." He shrugged and walked ahead to my car, leaving me there wondering what went on in my best friends brain.

The drive wasn't too long but Zack and I had a quick chat to fill the time anyway.

"So what's the party for again?" He asked whilst shuffling through the radio channels on the car stereo.

"A freshman's birthday." I replied

"What are we doing going to a freshman's party? Are they even old enough to be in a club?" Zack acts stupid sometimes but he knows his facts.

"Yeah, I heard it's his uncles club. Pulled a few strings and the party is there. Anyway, he is my mom's friends son so I kinda have to go." I shrugged sadly, I really wasn't in the mood for a freshman's birthday but my mom insisted I go so I made sure my friends came too so I didn't go it alone.

"Oh, that's plausible. Hey, there won't be any alcohol there then will there?" He questioned.

"Tom only has a small part of the place to himself, there won't be any alcohol there but the plan is to have a quick chat and head off to the main part of the club, I have a friend who will buy us the drinks if you want."

"Oh yeah, clever." We sat in silence for a minute before he started a new conversation, "So, how was your date last night?"

I tried not to let the huge smile form on my face as I replied, "It was great."

"Yeah, what did you guys get up to?"

"I took her to dinner."

"And..." I smirked at him and as if he had read my mind, he hit the nail on the head, "Oh! Don't tell me you guys hooked up?"

"I don't kiss and tell." It was worth a try to get him off my back.

He saw right through me and forced the truth from my subconscious brain, "Brad of course you do and if not, there's a first time for everything so spill. Did you score last night?"

"Yeah, I guess I did." I really tried not to look too smug but I knew I wasn't pulling it off too well and to be honest, who could blame me?

"Wow bro, you definitely took your time, don't girls usually want to wait before that? You know, wait till it the time's right and all that crap."