The Lie

* Chapter 2: The Lie *

"Sammy, do you really have to go? I mean I know things between Dad and you aren't the best, but do you?" I say. "You know I do, Izzy. I wish I didn't." He hugs me "But hey I'll be around.". I nod. I hug him "I love you, uncle Sammy.". "I love you to, Iz.". I open the door and get out. I bounce up the steps and unlock the door. I wave at him, then go inside. It's been three and a half years since Dad and Sam stopped hunting together. It's been four years since my mom died. Dad stopped hunting and had a huge fight with Sam, telling him never to come here. That's why today has to be a secret. Why Dad didn't tell me about I was leaving early. I sigh flipping down on my bed. I put in earbuds and listen to music. A knock on my door makes me look up. "How's the test go?" Dad asks. "Good, I think, at least." I say looking at the clock. 6:15 it reads. It was just 3:15 I must have dosed off. "Ethan's downstairs." Dad says. "Tell him to come up." I say. My dad disappears and Ethan is in his place now. He knocks once then comes in. I motion to close the door and he does. "How was your day?" He asks sitting down beside me on my bed, and pulls something out of his backpack. "Good, I think." I laugh. "Do you wanna here a story?" He asks pulling the book completely out and laying it in my lap. I stare at it "Where did you find this!" I say. "Your Uncle gave it to me while I was waiting for you." He smiles. I hug him "Ethan, thank you.". I open the book and read the words written on the inside cover. My dear Isabelle,
I hope you love this story and all the characters in it as much as I did. I hope it makes you happy to read it. I love you so much always remember that, Izzy. I know it's gonna be hard but you and Dad are so strong. Be the hunter I was never able to be.
I love you,
Mom.
I smile at the words. Mom wrote this a couple days before she died. Knowing she wouldn't come back alive. Ethan wraps an arm around my shoulders. "Iz, you want to go for a drive?". "You know it, Eth." I say slipping the book into my bag. I left Dad a note, because early he said he had some work to do at the office. Half way down the highway I turn toward him. "Where are we going?" I ask. "You already know, Izzy." He answers. "I know." I laugh. Cause I do know. There was a call on fifth street about a howl and some man dog running through the street, a minute ago. We pull up at the house to a one and only werewolf himself standing in the bushes. I move around to the back and open the truck. Pulling out my bow and arrow and a couple daggers. I pull out a gun and a 10" knife handing them to Ethan. He heads toward the wolfman as I shut the trunk and jump over the car. Landing on my feet beside Ethan. I place an arrow getting it ready and the daggers in my pockets. I whistle softly to get wolfie's attention. "I'll distract him while you go for him." I say. He nods. "Hey over here." I whisper. The wolfman's head shoots up. His red eyes staring in mine.
Dang he's a Alpha!
I shoot a silver arrow into his arm, then his legs. Ethan puts the knife through the wolf and back out. The werewolf falls to the ground. Luckily this an abandoned house. We put him inside until we can get rid of him. I put the stuff back in the trunk and get in. "Iz." He says. "Hum." I look at him. "There's blood on your shirt." He says. "I don't think it's mine, Eth." I laugh. he puts the car in drive and takes off. "A hour, not bad." He says glancing at the clock."Not bad at all." I nod. "Say do you still have the bestiary in the back seat in the Magic Tree House cover?" I ask. "Yeah why?" He says. " Justo síndrome id tour dos. O ruina ir'a finta hiel a remate huy solís hace ir un a litros lisa viola ." I say.
( Just wondering if you did. I think it's funny how a teenage guy would have it in a little kids book.)
"Well I do.". We pull up at my house and I get out. "See you at school." I call waving to him. Dad's not home yet. I quickly go upstair and take a shower throwing my clothes in the hamper. And stepping into the warm water.
No one can ever know about this. I think. If anyone ever knew especially Dad I'd be dead.
Mom said be a hunter, Iz, what you talking about THIS is what you are supposed to do! I chide myself. I know Daddy thinks he's doing right, but you need to do what you want about this. Your a third generation hunter and a daughter of two of the most famous ones. So stop thinking about it like that! I get out and change into PJ's. When go downstairs Dad's home. "Isabelle, we need to talk." Dad says.

# # # # #
Hey the video up top says Allison's but it's supposed to be Isabelle.
I don't own the video.