The Talk

# Chapter 4: The Talk #

"So, Cody, what were you doing there last night?" I ask. "That was my old house." Cody answers. "How.... How long have you been.... Been a..". He cuts me off "A werewolf." I nod. "A year, maybe a year and a half." He shakes his head. "May I ask how." I say with a small smile. "Isabelle!" Ethan gasps. "It's okay." Cody says "I was sitting on the back porch of my house and I heard screaming from inside, so I ran in. It was my mother screaming, but by the time I got there she was gone. My dad and sister died that night as well. There was this creature coming at me so I started to run. It caught me and bit me." Cody shakes him head again. "I don't know why it didn't kill me, but I killed it. And that's it." He finished and looks up at me. "I believe you." I say after a minute. He smiles "Thank you. The boy over there." He motions to Ethan "Said I'd be dead within a minute.". "Ethan!" I glare at him. "You go to our school don't you?" I ask. "Yep." Cody answers "We're in history and English together.". "You sit right in front in English and across from me in history." I laugh. "I think you guys can go back to school now there's still a hour left." Gramps says. "Come on we're give you a ride." I say getting up.

# In School #

I look at the history exam paper. "A+!" I whisper shout. I turn around to see Cody about to leave. "Cody Dylan Thomas!" I yell running up to him. "You don't need to yell, Isabelle." He laughs. "I'm guessing you did good?" He says. "An A+! What'd you get?" I say. "A-." He smiles. "My Dad's gonna be ecstatic." I say. "Well then, Isabelle, I'm every glad." He says with a smile. "Izzy." I say. He looks at me questionable. "Call me Izzy. Isabelle sound to formal, like somebody you meet because your mom makes you." I say. He laughs "So, Izzy, does that mean we can be friends?" He asks still laughing. "You sound like a five year old, but yes we can be friends." I say opening the door. "After you.". "Thank you." He slips out of the classroom and into the crowed hall. "So where do you live?" I ask. "With my aunt Jen." Cody answers. Ethan looks up as we approach him. "How'd ya do?" Ethan asks "A+." I say with a smile. A text from Dad come in. "I got to go dad outside." I say and rush outside. I get in and turn toward him. "Dad! Dad I got an A+!" I exclaim. "That's awesome, Iz, I'm proud of you." He hugs me. We pill up in the driveway and there's a car already in it. "Listen, Iz, Someone is here and we made up. And I think it's time you talk to them."

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

Who do you think it is?