Chapater 9: Kissing Is Not My Forte

"I sorry," Ryder murmured, pouting his lips slightly against his pillow, "me messed up."

"You were drunk, Ryder," I laughed slightly, "and it was just a kiss."

"But but but," Ryder whined, rubbing his head while waiting for the Advil to kick in, "your first kiss and everything else I said... I shouldn't have said anything."

"Ryder," I groaned, drawing out his name, "it's fine. A first kiss isn't a big deal to me. I'm weird compared to other girls. My virginity on the other hand? That I care about."

I looked over my shoulder and smiled slightly as Ryder chuckled, only to grimace as he once again rubbed his temples, "ugh, don't make me laugh."

Getting Ryder home last night was easy. He passed out in his car after playing with the radio- I was driving of course- and didn't make a sound after that. Now, getting to bed was a struggle. That damn oaf, being as heavy as he is from muscle, was hard to get out the car. I'm short, and can barely lift a gallon of milk. Thankfully, I got some random skateboarding kid to help me lift the quarter back. He got ten dollars, and I got less of a sore back.

It was great. Other than the fact he put his phone number in my back pocket when he tried grabbing my bum, but I just glared at him. He was a typical fourteen year old to put it simply, but fairly strong which was great.

Now, we may have dropped Ryder once, maybe three times, but he still is alive even after falling down the stairs- which totally wasn't my fault. When I finally laid down next to him, he was quick to murmur something in his sleep, and wrapped his arm around my waist and pull me closer to him.

"I have to go to my grandma's house today," I walked up to Ryder, "do you want to come, or do you think I will be fine alone?"

Ryder sat up straighter, looking up at me as he sat on the bed and I stood in front of him. He placed his hands on the back of my thighs, resting his chin on my stomach but still looking up at me, "what is your grandma like to you? And why are you going today?"

"She's a meaner. Best way to put it. Screams. Criticizes everything. Claims I am a lesbian. But I have to get a dog from her, so I might have to stay at home until I find a home for it. She mistreats the poor thing," I admitted my hands playing with his hair.

"We can keep the dog here," Ryder smiled, "my dog got killed by a drunk driver a few weeks ago. Never got around to throwing out her bed."

"Are you sure? I don't want it to be a bother to you. It can get pretty attached to people from what I hear."

"Yeah, I'm sure. Go take a shower, and I'll take one after you," Ryder let go of my legs, lifting his head from my stomach, "you know where the towels and such are."

I nodded, unknotting my fingers from his hair, "thankyou."

I walked into the bathroom connected to Ryder's room, closing the door behind me. I reached over and turned the water to a comfortable temperature before stripping down. I removed the large shirt of Ryder's I borrowed that smelt of his cologne, along with my bra and underwear.

I glanced at the mirror, frowning slightly at the slight pudge on the bottom of my stomach. I sighed, looking away from the mirror to step into the shower and closed the glass door.

I quickly washed and shaved, standing in the hot stream of water for a few minutes before stepping out. I watched the steam roll off my body is small waves as I wrapped a white plush towel around my frame. I brushed through my hair quickly, thankful that it rarely knots.

Then, of course, I realized I forgot my cloths. I cringed as I tightened the towel around me. I have to walk out there in just a towel.

Well, you sleep in just a t-shirt of his with him. Can't be much different.